• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Check Voltage on VGA and DIMM.

N

Nedreplan

Is there any good program out there which I can use to see how much volt is used by my GeForce4 and my PC2100?

It will not show under my BIOS-settings, only that I can tweak them, and how much I can tweak the voltage. But before I do so, if it is needed, I'd like to see what they are running on now. I'd like to give them what they need. :)

And ... what is the best voltage to run a GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and PC2100 on?

Cheers!!
:D

Standard. :)

The voltage only needs to be increased if you O/C since a higher frequency may need a higher voltage for the signal flanks to be steep enough.

O/C takes more juice to of course, but I'm not sure that's the main reason.

So just increasing voltage won't do you any good.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by Nedreplan
Is there any good program out there which I can use to see how much volt is used by my GeForce4 and my PC2100?

It will not show under my BIOS-settings, only that I can tweak them, and how much I can tweak the voltage. But before I do so, if it is needed, I'd like to see what they are running on now. I'd like to give them what they need. :)

And ... what is the best voltage to run a GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and PC2100 on?

Cheers!!
:D
most times you can view the voltage by going into the BIOS or by using motherboard monitoring software...

as for oc'ing... systems react different to oc;'ing hence there is no real 'set' figures for what the voltages should run @...

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
If you look in my sig you can see I run at 1.6 volts but the only reason I do is because I am overclocked and I need 1.6 to stay stable ...it was 1.5 by default and I added .025 volts at a time testing until I hit my mark when you add voltage you cause the cpu to heat up and of course because I overclock and am not using standard heatsink and fan , I did not add anything to the AGP volts only to my VCORE ... by default the vAGP on mine is 1.55 volts and I dont need to add to that to acheive my overclock

The only thing I did with the ram was lower the timings again only to be able to increase the FSB from 133@152 causing the default 266mhz to run at 304mhz

unless your planning on overclocking as stated above there is no reason to play with the voltage on anything ...:D

N

Nedreplan

Thanks to you all!

Well, that answers my question. :)

I checked and the AGP slot is on 1.54 volt, and the the DIMM is on 2.54 volt. So, I guess that makes it alright.

Thanks again! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies