Cheap Ram

Heath3n

OSNN Addict
In case ppl are looking. Best Buy has a good deal going on RAM right now. 184 pin pc2100 ddr 256mb for 37.00 after a 20.00 mail in rebate.

^^^Crucial^^^ our sponsor also has some great deal, click the link and have a look :)

Originally posted by Jewelzz
^^^Crucial^^^ our sponsor also has some great deal, click the link and have a look :)

I already looked at crucial for the same specs before I bought from Best Buy...nowhere close to the price I got.

Crucial is good RAM tho, chances are Best Buy are selling off OEM stuff.

I'm sure Crucial has great RAM. I'm not trying to push this off on ppl...just letting them know about the Deal. The manufacturer of the RAM is K-byte.

with Crucial you usually get better CAS Latency ie 2-2.5 as opposed to the normal 3 of most other RAM manufacturers

Personally I dont like Crucial cause a got a crap piece of 256 ddr 2100 from them, but only started screwing up about 6 months in so couldn't replace it. Bought a nice stick of mushkin 2-2-2 512 ddr 2100 though and fixed all my troubles.

Originally posted by Geffy
with Crucial you usually get better CAS Latency ie 2-2.5 as opposed to the normal 3 of most other RAM manufacturers

This ram has a CL of 2.5
266mhz

This is good RAM at a good price. I'm just letting ppl know in case they are looking for an upgrade. I'm not an idiot..I do this stuff for a living as I am sure most of you do. Take it for what it's worth.

Artex Crucial has a lifetime warranty on its ram. If you got a bad stick just rma it. Personally I love Crucial ram and have never had any problems with it.

Originally posted by dadx2mj
Artex Crucial has a lifetime warranty on its ram. If you got a bad stick just rma it. Personally I love Crucial ram and have never had any problems with it.

This RAM has a lifetime warranty as well.

I was pissed at the time so I just said screw it and bought the really good stuff, only paid 40 for the crucial when I got it so no major loss.

Any ram does me fine, im not heavily into specs and performance (as long as my box boots and runs, im content :) )
Plus a friend recently gave me a spare 128mb he had and will be giving me 2x256mb soon (how good are my friends!!!!!)
If i ever need to buy ram tho i shall use the crucial link ;) :) :)

I like Crucial's RAM. Though it is a bit pricey, you get lifetime warranty and support, and i think they still do Free 2-day UPS Shipping.

JJB

i couldn't find that particular memory anywhere on best buy's site. found sdram and rambus from k-byte.. but no ddr.
???

Originally posted by taurus
i couldn't find that particular memory anywhere on best buy's site. found sdram and rambus from k-byte.. but no ddr.
???

I can't vouch for what's on their site...I actually went into the store and bought it. FWIW ..they don't put all their products on their website.

oh, okay... i just assumed you were referring to something on theri site. cuz i don't think we all go to the same best buy location. }:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back