Cheap Laptop For Notetaking

FishBoy

Feeeesh
i dont know much about macs but is it easy to code in it? or is it like a pain to install a compiler (or whatever the language dmemands) on it.. oh and is it cheap to get one? coz i was thinkikng of getting a cheap laptop to take notes in class and/or probably code with it if i have to

Re: [iBook] I'll miss you for 1.5 weeks

FishBoy said:
i dont know much about macs but is it easy to code in it? or is it like a pain to install a compiler (or whatever the language dmemands) on it.. oh and is it cheap to get one? coz i was thinkikng of getting a cheap laptop to take notes in class and/or probably code with it if i have to

Compiler comes installed with it, install the BSD tools, and get yourself Xcode installed, and it is an awesome machine.

For the rest, gcc is installed, standard version, Tiger comes with GCC 4.0, and it is awesome. c++, and c work perfectly, so writing a cc file, and compiling it with C++ just works.

Other programming langauges installed standard:

python
perl
php
tcl
Objective-C

It is an all around good machine for development.

X-Istence said:
As X said it is a good choice, as is the case with *nix in general. :)

Oh and X, I hope they get it to you sooner then 1.5wks. If they are just going to replace it instead of fixing it then seems it should be much speedier.

*cough*<@X-Istence> I don't have my iBook you insensitive clod*cough* :p

X-Istence said:
Compiler comes installed with it, install the BSD tools, and get yourself Xcode installed, and it is an awesome machine.

For the rest, gcc is installed, standard version, Tiger comes with GCC 4.0, and it is awesome. c++, and c work perfectly, so writing a cc file, and compiling it with C++ just works.

Other programming langauges installed standard:

python
perl
php
tcl
Objective-C

oh that's pretty cool, yea i forogt about the tiger os they have
are the iBooks expensive though?

okay then 1200 dollars for the cheapest one, it's too much for what i want to use it for (taking notes in class)

[off topic i guess] so since ibooks cost that much which laptops could i get for a cheap price, just for note taking

FishBoy said:
[off topic i guess] so since ibooks cost that much which laptops could i get for a cheap price, just for note taking
You should probably start a new thread for that.

oh cool i didn't know the mac mini was so cheap
ok well... umm yea im gonna try and look at something other than apple since they like to keep their product cheap
im gonna take a look around here at shops and see if they got cheap laptops
ps: im not trying to be cheap i just dont wanna make big use of it i already have a desktop in canada that's why lol

What kind of budget are you looking at? Let's say an upper limit...the maximum you're willing to shell out. That would help. :)

If the laptop is for note taking, whether it's PC or MAC does not matter.

Get on EBAY and find yourself a PII laptop and bid. Don't pay more than $100US.

well i guess $500 cad max, i just emailed dell asking them if i could get the inspiron for cheaper, which was 799, and put nothing on it but the hardware if it's a good price then i'll get that if it's not then i'll go to ebay

yea i know i'm gonna take a look at ebay next after someone [dell] emails me back with an answer if they dont i'll email them saying thx for the quick answer and look on ebay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back