• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cheap Laptop For Notetaking

i dont know much about macs but is it easy to code in it? or is it like a pain to install a compiler (or whatever the language dmemands) on it.. oh and is it cheap to get one? coz i was thinkikng of getting a cheap laptop to take notes in class and/or probably code with it if i have to

X-Istence

Political User
Re: [iBook] I'll miss you for 1.5 weeks

FishBoy said:
i dont know much about macs but is it easy to code in it? or is it like a pain to install a compiler (or whatever the language dmemands) on it.. oh and is it cheap to get one? coz i was thinkikng of getting a cheap laptop to take notes in class and/or probably code with it if i have to

Compiler comes installed with it, install the BSD tools, and get yourself Xcode installed, and it is an awesome machine.

For the rest, gcc is installed, standard version, Tiger comes with GCC 4.0, and it is awesome. c++, and c work perfectly, so writing a cc file, and compiling it with C++ just works.

Other programming langauges installed standard:

python
perl
php
tcl
Objective-C

It is an all around good machine for development.

Xie

- geek -

X-Istence said:
As X said it is a good choice, as is the case with *nix in general. :)

Oh and X, I hope they get it to you sooner then 1.5wks. If they are just going to replace it instead of fixing it then seems it should be much speedier.

*cough*<@X-Istence> I don't have my iBook you insensitive clod*cough* :p

X-Istence said:
Compiler comes installed with it, install the BSD tools, and get yourself Xcode installed, and it is an awesome machine.

For the rest, gcc is installed, standard version, Tiger comes with GCC 4.0, and it is awesome. c++, and c work perfectly, so writing a cc file, and compiling it with C++ just works.

Other programming langauges installed standard:

python
perl
php
tcl
Objective-C

oh that's pretty cool, yea i forogt about the tiger os they have
are the iBooks expensive though?

[off topic i guess] so since ibooks cost that much which laptops could i get for a cheap price, just for note taking

FishBoy said:
[off topic i guess] so since ibooks cost that much which laptops could i get for a cheap price, just for note taking
You should probably start a new thread for that.

oh cool i didn't know the mac mini was so cheap
ok well... umm yea im gonna try and look at something other than apple since they like to keep their product cheap
im gonna take a look around here at shops and see if they got cheap laptops
ps: im not trying to be cheap i just dont wanna make big use of it i already have a desktop in canada that's why lol

well i guess $500 cad max, i just emailed dell asking them if i could get the inspiron for cheaper, which was 799, and put nothing on it but the hardware if it's a good price then i'll get that if it's not then i'll go to ebay

yea i know i'm gonna take a look at ebay next after someone [dell] emails me back with an answer if they dont i'll email them saying thx for the quick answer and look on ebay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix