Chat

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
HELP ME!!!!!!!! I can't get to #xperience with mIRC or jIRC
:( :mad:
I get a message "Unable to Connect" with both :mad: I can't go 12 hrs at work and not chat dammit :p

Don't mess with jIRC.
In mIRC , check if you can connect using a different server , different nick and ident. also check if all the options are correct ( if you are using an IRC firewall try connecting without it).

also if using a firewall or an Internet access control frog check if mIRC is allowed to access the web.

I've tried every EFNet server that's listed and I still can't connect. Believe me, I tried everything I can think of before posting this rant.

Using mIRC this is the message I get:
(06:54:50) * Connecting to efnet.cs.hut.fi (6667)
(06:54:53) * Unable to connect (Connection refused)
(06:54:58) * Connect retry #1 efnet.cs.hut.fi (6667)
(06:54:59) * Unable to connect (Connection refused)
(06:55:00) * Cancelled connect
(06:55:00) * Connecting to irc.easynews.com (6666)
(06:55:01) * Unable to connect (Connection refused)
(06:55:06) * Connect retry #1 irc.easynews.com (6665)

Did my company finally decide to close the ports? :(

hmmm, Can you connect to a DALnet or a random server?

/server irc.efnet.org 6666

try that, using the default port never used to work for me at college, yet usng 6666 always did

(07:02:23) * Connecting to irc.efnet.org (6666)
(07:02:25) * Unable to connect (Connection refused)

:(

Hrm, next thing we did at college was Remote Desktop, Don't suppose you have that turned on on your home computer ?

DALNet??? God that's worse then EFNet, I can't even access DALNet from home.

Maybe you manged to **** up mirc ( i do that all the time, but i'm "special") , try downloading a fresh copy.

also make sure there is no program that limits mirc's access to the internet.

If nothing else works you can always download a port scanner and see what ports are open and what ports are closed...

I have a feeling they blocked the ports for IRC at work. They did it where I work. :mad:

Xsivforce , you can try some "creative hacking" but that might cost you your job...

Posted by xsivforce
I have a feeling they blocked the ports for IRC at work. They did it where I work. :mad:
Think you're right xsiv...with all the changes that are happening and will be happening... Really pisses me off :mad: Now I'll have to get access to install programs and install MSN, ICQ, whatever :p But it's not the same as chatting with you all in #xperience :(

its a bit slower when typing something in but still cool !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back