Changing ZFS mountpoint?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Is it just a simple case of reissuing the mount part, for example this is what i did to make the ZFS tank

zpool create tank ad6 ad8 ad10
zfs create tank/store
zfs set mountpoint=/store tank/store

im guessing is just a case of me doing

zfs set mountpoint=/path/to/new/mount/point tank/store

i dont want to lose what is on there but i need to move the dir

to answer my own question yes you can move it just be using the mount point command, and you don't loose anything :)

is when you have 750gb on there, i suppose to those who know everything there is to know about freebsd is not a great deal

Did you ever loose data moving disks to other mount points before? :p

yes i did - that's why i asked, but they were ufs fs not zfs, and i wanted to make really really sure, last time i moved mount points the whole fs went missing, also don't change the tank or you will lose stuff

if you lost data moving mountpoints you must have done something wrong.

You can't loose an entire disk just by editing /etc/fstab...

i know i did something wrong, that's why i made zfs and have left it till now :) if mem serves think i did something with lable but thought i canceled the changes - more then likely i never and thats what caused it, either whay i learnt a lesson there.

That is all :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back