Changing XP Icons

dubstar

format c:
I know you can change "My Computer, Recyle Bin, My Documents" and yada yada yada, but why cant you change the Regular Folder Icon?? Anybody know the RegHack to open it up to customization??

TIA:happy:

i tried "icon phile" but it didnt change the default folder icon, so i erased it.. and it left the "CHANGE ICON" shortcut in my rightclick.. how do i get rid of it? any nice reghacks?

To change the folder icon you can use the attached script. Unzip it and doubleclick. If you rightclick and choose edit you can see which registry setting it changes. (Got the file from the web, but unfortunately can't remember where from. It is safe to use.)

To get rid of the leftover context menu entries of iconphile, you'll have to search HKey_Classes_Root for "change icon". First places to look are most likely

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
There may be several others.
Delete the subkeys referring to 'change icon'.

nevermind, i got rid of the "Change Icon" right click option by going to RegEdit

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ->DIRECTORY ->SHELL

inside of that, i saw a "Change Icon" folder and deleted it.. worked out well.

ps: if you want to use RegEdit to change your Default Folder Icon

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ->FOLDER -> DefaultIcon

click on the DefaultIcon folder, and replace the value with

C:\*LOCATION OF THE ICON*

laytro. :)

nevermind, it didnt work.. now im shooting through my entire reg. altering default icons completely randomly.

(im gonna regret this tomorrow!)

thanks yoyo, but it didnt work.

do you have one of these for "My Pictures" "My Music" "Shared Doc" "Local Disk" "31/2Floppy" "CD Drive" ?:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back