Changing the XP Pro Corporate Product Key

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
As you see, there is a link on the front page of the site that takes you to a guide that takes you through it step by step. I have closed a few threads pertaining to this. Just please be careful how you word your comments. :)

You really dropped the ball on this one waddy.

You just undermined all the work that your moderators have done by blocking all these threads which pertain to Key Changing and here you are posting it on the front page.

You say that XP-Erience doesn't advocate piracy and yet...

I don't know about you but when you purchase WinXP, it tells you to protect your CDKey as if it were a PIN Number. Do you know anyone who loses pin numbers?

As if there is even one legitimate case of someone "losing" their XP Pro Corporate CD Key AND CD.

The guide is assuming you lose your CD Key. And yet you'd still require access to Windows. You are actually changing an existing CD Key that works and doesn't require activation.

If you want to keep with your Anti-Piracy policy in your forums I think you should remove this guide.

P.S.: You have a link to FOSI in ur links section. Just incase you didn't know its a warez site.

Like someone said in a post the other day - it's like watchin' the telly - if u don't like it - turn it over or off. But I'd have to agree with mbunny on this - it does undermine the anti-piracy plea of the site.

Just my 50p's worth

A1ehouse

Well.... might just be me, but I dont see anything wrong with it. Just because waddy posted it, doesnt mean hes all for it !!

Its just FYI ....... :D

ezpi_wink1.gif

I'll bet waddy says he does not have to explain himself to any of you. The same thing he told me when I sent a program link for the downloads section and he wouldn't post it.

My big question is this tho, Why would he look this info up?

Originally posted by mbunny
You really dropped the ball on this one waddy.

You just undermined all the work that your moderators have done by blocking all these threads which pertain to Key Changing and here you are posting it on the front page.

You say that XP-Erience doesn't advocate piracy and yet...

I don't know about you but when you purchase WinXP, it tells you to protect your CDKey as if it were a PIN Number. Do you know anyone who loses pin numbers?

As if there is even one legitimate case of someone "losing" their XP Pro Corporate CD Key AND CD.

The guide is assuming you lose your CD Key. And yet you'd still require access to Windows. You are actually changing an existing CD Key that works and doesn't require activation.

If you want to keep with your Anti-Piracy policy in your forums I think you should remove this guide.

I have to agree with "Mbunny", he's got valid points here and I think there needs to be a change....people have been posting about this and they were "BAD" and the thread needed to be closed.

Funny how it's not allowed in the forum's but it's ok if it's front page news. Kinda seems like a double standard here.

I agree that some threads go to far and I understand why they are closed but some threads even mention something out of the way and either the post is edited or deleted or the thread is closed. Even Neowin's mods will let more by than some of the mods here. :)

I'm not barking at any particular mod here and I have nothing against anyone here, however there needs to be a discription of what's "really" allowed in the forums here.

Now that I have had my say...let the flames begin
:D

On a slightly different subject, if you have lost you case and number, is there a may to find your CD key in windows

my two cents:

this really isn't warez or piracy. The instructions allow us to do something windows is capable of. If you wanna blame anyone, blame Billy boy for leaving this backdoor in WinXP

do a forum search... i remember seeing 2 threads about this.

Originally posted by dreamliner77
my two cents:

this really isn't warez or piracy. The instructions allow us to do something windows is capable of. If you wanna blame anyone, blame Billy boy for leaving this backdoor in WinXP

Im right there with ya !!!!!!!!! :D

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the front page article. It just tells you how to change your product key!

It does not give you any corporate edition keys. If someone has the time to sit and search for these keys, I'm sure he's gonna come up with another site that has these instructions too. In fact, I've seen this stuff posted on two other sites as well.

The instructions posted by waddy are not promoting piracy! Don't be so hard on him, people! :)

Originally posted by XPMagic
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the front page article. It just tells you how to change your product key!

It does not give you any corporate edition keys. If someone has the time to sit and search for these keys, I'm sure he's gonna come up with another site that has these instructions too. In fact, I've seen this stuff posted on two other sites as well.

The instructions posted by waddy are not promoting piracy! Don't be so hard on him, people! :)

Rock on, Brother !!!!!!!!

I agree with you guys

Its not waddy's fault. This is a great guide, even though i alraedy knew how to do this with x-q teq set up it just enriches your windows xp , xp-erience thats the whole point of the site. And yes you can loose keys, you can loose anything in life, especially with all the wars going on. Props to Waddy!! :)

Lock this thread too...

Anybody who wants a CD key can get it or generate it...
Anybody who wants to get a program without paying for has his choice of P2P programs to do it...
So the bottom line is: "whats' the point?!?"...

How many people here REALLY paid for Xp?!? Lets started a poll...

Originally posted by mbunny
Hell yes people loose their PIN numbers! And some will even forget things while they are staring rite at it...
But to address this as it is. I think the guide is a wrong idea to post. Because if you really loose your product key you will call MicroSquish to get a new one. You will probably endure the third degree while on the phone with them as to how, what and why. Unleeeessssss, Yours is HAAAAACKED. then I can see the reasoning for this. But not really. Cause if it's Hacked then you got a key and you can get another key and you know how to do all this already. It should have been set up as to how to get a new key from MicroSquish in the event of lose of your original product key. What number to call and how to change it. Then all would be wonderful. :)

How many on this forum, not just the people that are active with this post, use the Windows XP Pro they got from a friend or Kazaa or mirc.. etc and use the leaked corp key ????

:rolleyes: :confused: :p

Hey I did not pay for mine but it's a legit product. I got it from a freind that works for MicroSquish. I was to pay for it, then he just gave it to me for free.( I did him a favor) It came in the Orange and Blue tri-fold folder.(XP PRO)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back