Changing Publisher to a PDF

EvelynMDavis

OSNN Newbie
I am working with a newsletter in Publisher. The printer has just told me that he needs a .pdf instead. Does anyone know of a way I can turn a Publisher document into a .pdf?

I appreciate it - thanks!

Evelyn

I think there is a few free solutions but I can't think of any at the moment. I have Adobe Acrobat 7 (not reader) and it works like a virtual printer. Just print to it and it will prompt for the name and location.

Admiral Michael said:
I think there is a few free solutions but I can't think of any at the moment. I have Adobe Acrobat 7 (not reader) and it works like a virtual printer. Just print to it and it will prompt for the name and location.

Thank you... someone in Creative Services (I work in the Educational department at our newspaper) mentioned an Adobe distiller that they could use to 'translate' my document, but it requires further software on my computer, too. There has to be a round about way to do this, even if it involves copying and pasting whole pages into something new and then saving it in a way that will allow it to be printed eventually by something more than my black and white copier in the office.

CutePDF Writer (URL) will install a PDF printer on your system. You can then just "print" the Publisher file to a PDF.
It works pretty much like Acrobat/Distiller, and it's free. :)

Mastershakes said:

Right after I read through this, I read someone's message that said they'd convert the file for me. I've approached my department head and they told me to go for it, so I believe that once I have it print perfect, I'm going to have them change it to a pdf.

My problem will soon be solved in that I will be getting a Mac and it will be compatible with all the other things printed here at the paper. Thank you for responding, though - I genuinely appreciate it.

Evelyn

NetRyder said:
CutePDF Writer (URL) will install a PDF printer on your system. You can then just "print" the Publisher file to a PDF.
It works pretty much like Acrobat/Distiller, and it's free. :)

I'm going to try this and play around with it for my next newsletter, and then hopefully, after that, I'll have my Mac in addition to a PC and I'll be compatible with all the printers and programs here at the paper.

Thank you for the link!

Evelyn

no problem, it'll literally take me seconds to do, so its no skin off my back. i'll have it back to you within minutes of recieving it, if i'm at my computer at the time that is :)

no it was fine i did it and sent it back, amazing how pdf can shrink it from 19mb to 400k.

lancer said:
no it was fine i did it and sent it back, amazing how pdf can shrink it from 19mb to 400k.

You are wonderful; don't let anybody tell you anything different. Thank you so much!!

Evelyn

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back