changing Partition icons

D

dark_light

Hi
how to change the partition icons.
indicate a free software or show me how to do it through reg
thanx

You can do it by putting a autorun.inf in the root of your drive. This should be the content of that file:

[autorun]
icon=icon.ico

The icon should be placed in the root of the drive also.

C:\
D:\
Don't put it into any folders. (I think)
Try it & see what happens. You can always move it.

sorry it did'nt work
i have a partition E:
i put an icon A.ico on that partition and created an autorun.ini file.
and wrote the content like this

[autorun]
ico=A.ico

whats wrong

Posted by dark_light
sorry it did'nt work
i have a partition E:
i put an icon A.ico on that partition and created an autorun.ini file.
and wrote the content like this

[autorun]
ico=A.ico

whats wrong

Change ico=A.ico to

icon=A.ico
and try, that should work

Alright guyz.Its done.Thanks for the help.

But How about floppy dirve and cd rom icons.How can i change them?

Since the floppy and CD-ROM drives are dynamic drives, you can put icons in two ways: With the floppydrive it works just like the harddrive. But, since the floppy isn't immediately read when the floppy is inserted, I think you have to open the A: drive before Windows sees the autorun.inf file. But I am not sure if that works.

The CD-ROM drive works just like the floppydrive, but it does read the CD when inserted, so you can see the icon immediately.

When you want to change the drive-icon permantely, you can use a lot of freeware programs that can do that for you, but be warned: the autorun.inf file overides those settings, so if you just made a general icon for the CD-ROM drive, it won't be visible when a CD-ROM with an autorun.inf file is inserted. Again, I am not sure about the floppydrive.

edit: with permanent drive icons I mean the icons that are visible when nothing is inserted.

Ya i also meant permanant floppy & cd rom icons. i.e when there is no floppy or cd inserted.
How to change them.
i have used microangelo but it doesn't work.
Any suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back