Changing Name

mick42

OSNN Addict
In"My Computer"settings I have the following,Hard Disk Drives-Local Disk(C),New Volume(D).Devices with Removable Storage:CD Drive(E),CD Drive(F).Can I rename (E)and (F)CD Drives to DVD Drive for (E) and CD-R Drive for (F)or to anything else I choose,is this possible?

Cheers
Mick.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
The drive letters are assigned by Winodws and pretty much can't be changed. You can name the drives anything you want.

Mine are
C: System
D: Programs
E: Zip Backup
F: Pagefile

Leave the DVD/CD/Floppy alone. They say what they are or the title of whatever is in them.

Open my computer, right clcik the drive you want to rename, select rename. The present name box appears highlighted in gray. Just type in what you want it to be.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
you can change all the drive letters except the OS drive with disk management.

Right-click My Computer, Manage, go to disk management. Right click on the CD drive and select Change Drive letter and paths.

Tweakfiend

OSNN Senior Addict
j79zlr said:
you can change all the drive letters except the OS drive with disk management.

Right-click My Computer, Manage, go to disk management. Right click on the CD drive and select Change Drive letter and paths.
Yes..... but the question was to change names not drive letters / paths !

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
Tweakfiend said:
Yes..... but the question was to change names not drive letters / paths !
i don't think you can change that. you can change the 'names' on hard drives...but not optical drives.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandixtblook