Changing Log On Name

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I want to change my log on name fron owner to Danny. But i dont want to Create new profiles and such. I had done it once before but forgot..anyone have any ideas?

You can login as any user other than "Owner", such as "administrator" (built-in Windows account). Once you do that, go to Start -> Run -> type in "control userpasswords2"

When the dialog box comes up, select the user name you want to modify, in your case "Owner". Once you do that, select Properties. The primary box will say user name with your username in a text box. Change from Owner to whatever you desire. Login with new name, all set.

Ok i did that, now i have no admin prilages...i want to be the admin....but have it say "Danny"

Sharpening_beneath said:
Ok i did that, now i have no admin prilages...i want to be the admin....but have it say "Danny"

You can adjust that in the same place, instead of the General Tab (where you changed your username), use the group Management tab.

Either that or you can Right click on my computer, go to "manage" then browse local users and groups, same place.

Sharpening_beneath said:
well now im a guest and i cant get out of that...

If you logon with an account that has administrative rights, like the "administrator" account, you should be able to do this. Are you logged on as yourself right now or the administrator account?

Have you logged in with the re-named account, and then logged off? Try that as well to finish the re-naming process.

ok i have logge din under admin when i di dthe first step you gave me. the when i logged into my account thats says Danny, i got an error saying NSW 2005 cant performe due to lack of admin rights. i went to users and it sayd im a guest.

ok i got it....thansk for hgelping me.. i get confused a lot...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back