Changing CDrom/CDwriter/DVDrom ICONS?

D

DV8

Does anyone know how to change the icons for the cd-rom/dvd-rom/cd-writer?

Ive looked for hours and ive found mainly stuff on how to do it on win9x/win2k.... but nothing on winxp.

I was just about to ask this question.

Also can youchange the icon of drive C:

I found some info about a AutoRun.inf file, but that dont work.

If you mean the shortcut icons on the desktop..easy. If you mean in My Computer..No.

On the desktop, hightlight the icon, go to Properties .. Shortcut .. Change Icon.

With the Cd-Rom, DVD and CD-Writer, you need to have a disc in the drive to be able to change the icon.

As for the C: or any HDD icon, do it exactly the same way.

You can download icons from the net and use them instead of the ones supplied with XP.

even with the enhanced version of Icon Packager
it still can't be done due to some kind of security scheme
it'll look like u did it that first time u apply the theme
but once u do a reboot it reverts back to the default
this is only the case on CD/DVD rom drives

Originally posted by LilBlueDawg
it can be done!!!

u need a great program called icon packager. this program will let u change whole icon sets on your comp also. there are hundreds of themes to download off of the internet. but to change the icons of your drives, u need the registered enhanced version of iconpackager, sorry! *cough* kazaa *cough*

icon packager : http://download.com.com/3000-2195-10146793.html?tag=lst-0-1

icon packages : http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=2

Whoa. Good looking out on that program. I love it. MY PC is now almost perfect

can i change my pictures and my music icons also with that iconpackager??

Originally posted by syphon00
even with the enhanced version of Icon Packager
it still can't be done due to some kind of security scheme
it'll look like u did it that first time u apply the theme
but once u do a reboot it reverts back to the default
this is only the case on CD/DVD rom drives

I notice this as well. It does the same thing to me with the My computer Icon too for some reason. It keeps going back to default. Is this something with SP1 I wonder? I was using the patched uxtheme.dll, but I did not have the file changed in my dll cache too and my styles would stop working, so I just installed StyleXP.

I hope they can get this fixed in Icon Packager.

hmm im not having any problems with iconpackager enhanced version, im on XP SP1

Originally posted by LilBlueDawg
hmm im not having any problems with iconpackager enhanced version, im on XP SP1

I'm using the demo version right now. I wouldn't think that would matter though would it?

well ive been able to change the icons for the cd-rom (using icon packager)... but its basically the same icon for a CD-writer-- dvd rom and cd rom. By default it would actually label these. Also they had different icons for different media. For example if you were to load a music cd... the icon would change from a cd-rom to a cd disc with those music notes (not sure what they're called). That was my original question mainly

This is how I have setup my drive icons on the desktop..

Icon1.jpg

Icon2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back