Changing Browsers

K

kcthatsme

When I changed my default browser to Netscape it will not bring up my connect to the internet screen?

I don't know much about netscape, just interested inwhat you like better about it then ie....I've tried both, and ie is faster and more organic then netscape to me.

Duh! The screen you were seeing in IE was the autodial of Microsoft. Only works with IE. If you want to use Netscape, you'll need to connect first manually then open it. But WHY do you want to use netcrap anyway????

Since AOL bought it, it's the worse browser I'veever seen. It's slow, it's buggy, it's not supporting half the new technologies, so half the pages can't be displayed properly... and so forth. Netscape 6 is even WORSE then Netscape Communicator. Get IE 6 man, and just make sure you keep it up to date.

If you're concerned with security issues, just get a good antivirus that has script blocking, and get a firewall (www.sygate.com has a good one for free).

A lot of the stuff you hear on the net about IE being really unsecure is half myth, half truth. I'm a member of the CERT (www.cert.org) mailing list, and everytime a new security issue pops up, MS makes a patch for it. So the chances you get hacked because of that, depending on the sites you go to of course... are slim.

Anyway... I'm an IE fan since their version 5.5. So I hate Netscape.

Ahh screw the big money grubbers like M$ and AOHell...use Opera. Before anyone flames me, I use IE6. Opera does have some cool features though and I do use it every once in a while.:D :D :D

Well, I'm not flamming, but IE is free too btw...

I used OPERA 6 recently and I really don't like it. It has too many gadgets, and the AD Ware part of it kills it for me. I HATE ads, and I won't pay to get them off my screen. Yes.. I know astalavista.box.sk.. but I just don't like the interface anyway.. and the keyboard shortcuts are not standard either. I'm so used with the CTRL-O combination, that I swear everytime I have yto stretch for the F2 key to open link in Opera. Some might like it though.

been using opera for about a year love it...you can get skins to make it look pretty too...fast as hell and uses the real sun java not m$ virtual crap...but I like it causes it is fast to be honest stuck with dial up...

Mister Zee

I guess the reason I like Netscape is because with IE I get alot of
sites that won't come up and some error about input? It tells me to check my network connections but as far as I can tell they are right. It's the way it came.
I don't seem to have that problem with Netscape?
On my old computer Netcape was my default and it brought up the connect screen and automatically dialed it.

Re: Mister Zee

Originally posted by kcthatsme
I guess the reason I like Netscape is because with IE I get alot of
sites that won't come up and some error about input? It tells me to check my network connections but as far as I can tell they are right. It's the way it came.
I don't seem to have that problem with Netscape?
On my old computer Netcape was my default and it brought up the connect screen and automatically dialed it.

That's because you don't know how to tweak internet options. One thing people never seem to think about is that when IE's cache (temporary internet files" Is full, or the max amount of disk space to use is too low, it stops some pages from showing. The cache is full and you try to stock more info over it...

usually, just crealing cache and resetting all settings (espescially security settings) to default in Internet Options, solves 90% of the problems.

I actually find that more pages won't show with Netscape. I really rarely (in fact, never on this PC yet) have problems downloading pages with IE.

Originally posted by adobo
been using opera for about a year love it...you can get skins to make it look pretty too...fast as hell and uses the real sun java not m$ virtual crap...but I like it causes it is fast to be honest stuck with dial up...

And you don't mind that ad ware thing? I personnally can't bare ads scrolling on top of my browser when I browse. Unless you registered it (which I refuse to do legally, I won't pay for a browser), or you *cough* cracked *cough*.

I don't know about the paid version of opera, but the free has to be slower, it's using your bandwith for adds, which are too anoying...opewra would do themselves a favor by allowing a trial period without adds...then I'd know which is faster

got the banner free one...won't adkillers work on it to speed it up...?but definately faster than any other browser I've used

Banner free here, too. :) And, yes, it is faster. And when you get used to the keyboard and mouse shortcuts, it is even faster. One of the cool ones that I like is: Hold down right button---> move mouse right, left, right =close window.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back