• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Changed the Primary DNS suffix, now what??

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey Guys,

I mistakenly changed the Primary DNS Suffix (System Properties->Computer name change). It had some weird coded name that I changed thinking it was something else. Now my home network is not working. Where can I find The Primary DNS Suffix to replace that one I mottled up? Thanks in advance.

Heeter

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
that is for active directory domains, there shouldn't be anything in there on a home network, especially since your on XP home which cannot join domains. I would go back and make sure that entry is blank.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Yeah, it did. Funny, because it was working as well when it had the coded-looking name in there. But it did not work when I had my computer name in there.

Thanks again,

Heeter

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
If you had a computer name was in there, your PC would be trying to join a domain called "Computer name" and wasn't joining in your LAN workgroup

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage