Change XP Product Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by GoNz0
..... If a customer rang up and wanted to buy just the licence to go 'legal' then it's a lot easier to follow the guide instead of reinstalling XP.

Oh yea im SURE mircosoft is going to love you calling them up telling them you have a pirated copy my guess is there going to tell you to go screw yourself and if you want a legal copy then buy one.

DO YOU MEAN THAT HUMAN KNOWLEDGE ONLY BELONGS TO BILL GATES AND NOT TO THE HUMANS??? THERES NOTHING WRONG IN SHARING TO OTHERS A PIECE OF INFORMATION IF HE WANTS TO. ARE YOU HIM BY THE WAY??? OR MAYBE YOUR JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE HE KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE CD KEY AND YOU DONT???

COMMON PEOPLE ITS A HUMAN WORLD!

Just who are you yelling at?
And theres quite a difference between sharing a peice of info from one person to another and posting it on the front page of a website.
Im pretty sure theres a law or two against publicly posting how to voilate copywrite laws and not just because bill gates wants there to be.
And no i am not Bill Gates.. i wish i was though

There's just something about being the Alpha Geek =)

I'm sure if everyone distributed the instructions on how to enter your house through your secret entry or tell them where your hidden key is then you get broken into... but hey... its HUMAN KNOWLEDGE.

I am against the concept that you shell out almost 200.00 USA dollars and people CANNOT OWN that copy of the software but purchased a license. Why? Well, probably more people got Win Me off the web than bought it.

Certainly to this day there is copy of XP PRO on a board I visit that has nothing to do with it, for members. So what do you pay for in my mind? Support. Updates. Some act like "I bought it so you must too!"

Hey I bought hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of OEM and store branded software from MS. And I don't care if someone actually downloads that goofy version of XP CORP.
Microsoft is being ripped off in the far east far more than here or say the UK. My theory is simple, if previous versions of Windows were no good, then in 2 years my copy will be no good. How about a refund MS? Naw, never happen. It should amuse all that WIN2k was circulated and still is and doesn't have this cliche of PRO WPA folks.
So I agree with both sides. If not for the WPA thing I'd be on the side of those the bought XP only.
I sure hope that anyone including me that has a leaked copy of SP1 knows that it has code in it to tell MS WHO leaked it!

This is the thing I oppose. Why not enjoy the free beta testers?

AND if anyone knows if I can copy my Service Pack folder to a CDR and run it on another legit computer, please let me know! : )

--Rich

what about changing your key so you could get online assistance from microsoft? I know they allow you two support incidents for free for each prod id. XP did make a lot of things screw up for me. would that be moral for you to change your key for the sole reason of letting microsoft help you fix the "damage" it caused?

Throwing in my 1.28943 cents

ok, I have DO....it is sitting on my laptop and I am actually trying it out to see if I want to use it on my three other comptuers. I wanted to install the SP Beta just to see how it would do and of course I couldn't.....I saw this wonderful post that morning and of course, I already had a little proggy that would "find" some keys for me.....

My other three computers? LICENSED copies of Win2k and Win2k Server. I am thinking about switching......so hey, I think it is great.

Keep up the great work....

HaxCode

Where is it?

Never mind whether it's right or wrong, where's the article, I can find it? :(

ok,

I shouldn't do this...cause you should use the SEARCH feature and search for previous articles.....but I see you have only 1 post....so from now on search for it first.......then ask....

XP Key Change Artcle

HaxCode

to pete (below): sorry I just get tired of the same old questions over and over again....didn't mean to take it out on anyone. :D

I did actually use the search forums before making the post but this particular thread wasn't returned. I may only have one post on this board but I've been around. Thanks for your reply.

Hummm

Using a program who's name i won't bring up, runnng on an old AMD 1.2G box w/512G RAM box, and XP avg' out to 10 good keys and hour; gee how long be for key's are everywhere? Jim

Email me if you have questions..........

Originally posted by mbunny
Wait... let me get this right.

In the case that you lose your CDKey, this guide will not assist you in retrieving this CDKey. It changes the existing CDKey to another CDKey which you have.

Waddy argues that this is done merely in the case that you lose your CDKey. But will Win XP Pro Corp stop operating because u don't know your CDKey? You already entered your CDKey on install. And if you have another CDKey then you don't need to worry about changing the existing key until your next format. If you lost your CDKey the first time i think that you will be cautious enough to keep your "second legit CDKey" in a safe place until you need to format.

Now let me get this straight. Someone give me a real life situation in where you are required to change CDKey AFTER you have succesfully installed it.

The only reason to change your existing WORKING CDKey is that you want to install SP1 with a pirated WinXP. Stop being hypocritical about your anti-piracy policy.

Originally posted by mbunny
Wait... let me get this right.

In the case that you lose your CDKey, this guide will not assist you in retrieving this CDKey. It changes the existing CDKey to another CDKey which you have.

Waddy argues that this is done merely in the case that you lose your CDKey. But will Win XP Pro Corp stop operating because u don't know your CDKey? You already entered your CDKey on install. And if you have another CDKey then you don't need to worry about changing the existing key until your next format. If you lost your CDKey the first time i think that you will be cautious enough to keep your "second legit CDKey" in a safe place until you need to format.

Now let me get this straight. Someone give me a real life situation in where you are required to change CDKey AFTER you have succesfully installed it.

The only reason to change your existing WORKING CDKey is that you want to install SP1 with a pirated WinXP. Stop being hypocritical about your anti-piracy policy.

Don't sweat it. Changing the key in the illegal corp version isn't enough for newer SP1 builds. The WPA has to be changed as well. As in a previous post here I mentioned this. What the tool for getting new keys does it get you a ton for educational purposes that work with whatever version of XP you have.
And validates them. (Tests them) It does not change your WPA which you send to MS update site. On other boards people that don't know this are already looking for the answer which is simple. You mention formatting after saving your key for educational purposes. That works with any copy of XP.

--Rich
Product code MS looks at is:
key+wpa
50 characters total.

hhhmmm

I see the article as being educational. I mean who would have thought that Microsoft would place something in there that would allow someone to simply change the key if they wanted to. (granted that they would have to have a "valid" key to change it to anyways)

I am thankful for the article because I have a copy of DO (read my earlier post) installed on my laptop and I needed to try SP1 to see what effects it may have on it.

In the real world normal "non-techie/power users" wouldn't ever need to know this stuff. xp-erience.org is for us users who want to tweak and fine tune XP (insert your verison of choice) to our liking.

Hax

Trying to understand this, if you download SP1, you cant ever download it again with that product key installed? so the people with pirated versions of XP will not be able to download SP1?

Originally posted by Shawn319
Trying to understand this, if you download SP1, you cant ever download it again with that product key installed? so the people with pirated versions of XP will not be able to download SP1?
No, from what I understand anyone with the 'DevilsOwn' version of XP won't be able to use Windows Update after SP1 has been applied.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me :D

just trying to remember if i ever downloaded SP1.. i dont use Devils own corp (although i used to, before i switched).

The only SP i see on my install histroy (for windows update) is "Microsoft .NET Framework Service Pack 1 (English)"

Whats the name of the WinXP SP1?

My product key may have been used before =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back