Change Printer IP address

q12368c

OSNN Addict
Any method can I change the IP address in XP?
I have many network printer which need to modify the ipaddress like network mask,gateway,ipaddress. It too hard to press the key in fornt of the printer LCD panel. The printer all is HP 3800,4250...

thx.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Not unless the printer itself has web administration. If it does then you can go its current IP address using a web browser.

Note, not all printers allow you to change IP addresses via web administration.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Going forward I recommend you set the devices to DHCP and then just use MAC address reservations so they stay the same, if you even want to go that far. This way, changes going forward can be pulled down automatically and save you this headache :)

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
Does HP Still provide the JetAdmin interface?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Webjetadmin, and they sure do. But it isn't supported by all models AFAIK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pancake