• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

change of processor

S

seba79

After change processor from Duron800 to Atrhlon1300 (Abit Kt7), when the WinXPpro starts recognize a processor as a new unknown hardware. Then I have refreshed driver and now the processor isrecognized corretly.
But after reboot in "system properties" the details about processor and memory has always showed after few minutes.
why ?
before that (when duron was) the processor details showed immidietly....

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by sboulema
isnt it better to do a clean ninstall when you changed your processor :S
nah, changing a processor won't affect your other hardware. nor does it need any drivers. there's no compatibility issue with your software. you can change processor 100 times and shouldn't have any problems.

S

seba79

I find it!!!! I set WinMgmt service for automatic start and now evertything works properly.
Thanks for your intersest!!!

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
seba clearly didn't say anything about turning anything off... nor did anybody else... and it's not like you are going to blow your computer up by trying to turn stuff off... don't be so extreme

Taurus

hardware monkey
i assumed he was told by someone or read somewhere that that's what he needed to do. i didn't think he started picking random services and turned them on until he found it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown