Change Ie proxy

q12368c

OSNN Addict
I use a program 'IE Proxy Changer' that can change the proxy setting, since Iam using two different proxy to connect to outside.

But I have to restart(quit & run again) after I change the proxy, I want to change without restart.

Any one know how to do on my question? thk a lot.

jumping domains and workgroups require restarts. Proxys should not. In IE go to tools/ internet options/ Connection tab/ lan settings Under the advance tab you can put in what proxys your trying to use. Understand im away from my XP machine this is 2000 i am using but the proccess should be similar.

please correct me if im wrong but jumping proxys should not require a restart :)

Changing Proxy Servers does NOT require a reboot.

However, when I read this earlier I think he was looking for help with his program, although I could be mistaken.

I try few program that can change IE proxy setting, it still require restarting IE
(close Ie & load Ie again, not Reboot XP)

The Ie proxy change is download => www.allscoop.com

Taken from the page you linked to....

All settings are changed on the fly without the need to restart Internet Explorer.

Looks like if you are having to restart, it's an issue with the software itself.

q12368c said:
is there any patch from Microsoft to fix this issue?
Microsoft would not release a patch for this "issue", as it is not a microsoft product. Microsoft only releases patches for Microsoft products such as Office and Windows.

If the program isn't working for you, it's best to contact the vendor for support.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back