Change FSB speed on an IT7 mobo?

W

WuGgaRoO

yeah i have an IT7 motherboard and an intel p4 2.53ghz chip...how do i up the bus speed to 533. How do i know how fast the bus speed is right now?

Not familiar with Pentium overclocking I have AMD 1900XP

I take it you do own the Northwood ?

If so, first place I would look is power settings in Windows Control panel, make sure its not set as laptop or something, then goto BIOS and see if it can be changed there.

Anyone else have suggestions that knows a little more than me ?

I dont want to overclock it. I was just under the impression that an intel chip and the mobo are both supposed to have a 533 fsb speed.... sooo how do i figure out whats the current speed and how to change it

Only the Northwood Pentiums have 533. I think regular FSB on Intel chips is 400 Mhz.

Is yours a Northwood? If so, you can alter FSB in the BIOS.

Be careful in there, a couple of wrong settings and your CPU will fry up faster than you can say AMD !!!

CW

Well the FSB speed for a non Northwood core Pentium 4 is 400Mhz sort of and if its a Northwood core then its a 533 Mhz again sort of I'll explain in a minute. Do a search on the net for a program with this name and it will shed a little light on ur question wcpuid. What I mean by the FSB of the Pentium 4 being sort of 400 or 533 Mhz is that in fact its actually 100 or 133Mhz quad pumped or in other words for every memory cycle its sends four bits of information instead of one. AMD's 200 or 266Mhz is the same thing but it only does two bits of information instead of four.

You may not have to change anything, the bios should detect the fsb and set it at the 533 speed. You should be able to check this in the bios.
If not, a good excuse to download mad onion 2001 and benchmark machine
Will also tell you what fsb is running at :)

I forgot about Mad Onion otherwise I would have posted it. Oh Well I hope all this info helps u

alright, im PRETTY sure i have a northwood. I mean i have a 2.53ghz and 478 pin. It is also retail. Other than that where else can i check if its a northwood or not.
Also, my fsb is at 133mhz right now. Is that what it should be at or what?

Ok u have a Northwood since u said the bus speed is 133. Question do u know what kind of ram is in the system as now that will make a major diiference in the FSB speed. Is the ram SD DDR or RD ram or pc133 pc2100, 2700 r the most common ones I've seen for DDR or pc800.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back