Chaintech BIOS problem

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
My brother has a Chaintech 5AGM2 board, running XP Pro. He changed his battery, and of course lost his BIOS settings. I have been trying to advise him, over the telephone, to reset the BIOS.

He can enter the BIOS OK, and get to the options, but cannot change the options. The usual PD/PU/+/- type change options don't do anything. The USB is set to Disable, and the PnP set to No. He boots up fine, but his Printer and Scanner, which are on his USB don't work.

Anyone had experience of when the change options don't work? I have got him to Load Default Opotions, but that is not enabling the USB or the PnP.

sounds like he will have to pop the battery back out and do the hard reset, probably a jumper needs moving next to the battery, he will have to read the manual to be certain. but sounds like a hard reset is needed.

Many Thanks. The problem has been solved, I think it was due in part to user error as I was instructing him over the telephone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back