Chaintech 7VJDA

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I have a ChainTech 7VJDA main board, and I want to upgrade my current CPU, but I can not find the max clock speed that this board will take.

Can anyone help me?

All i could find was from the bios version log was
7VJDA 4 31D9 2002/1/29 Feature: 1.Support AMD CPU XP 2000+ ,2100+ and 2200+ .

And the latest bios revision just says
7VJDA 5 0E93 2002/8/12 Feature: - Fixed windows install sometimes fail with FSB 133Mhz CPU,- Update USB controller register according VIA fixed Logitech M-S48A ( USB mouse ) can not be detected if SB version ( VT8233 0211CE ).- Fixed ACPI shutdown temperature fail .

So officially it only seems to support 2200+ but i would put money on it supporting the 2400+ (i believe this to be the last 266fsb cpu) there is no jumper for the Multiplier its just the standard bios/cpu auto detect feature.

(Been away a while so a bit rusty;) )

Well I intend to bung a 2400+ in here, as you say.. it's the last 266mhz, so that was my reckoning :)

Un-fortunately chaintech's site is useless and their damned support form doesn't work >_<
They dont give an e-mail addy either.

A 2200 would be better than what I have now, But if I can definately get away with a 2400 I'd rather do that :)

I Have a similar 7KJDO Chaintech board with an Athlon XP support bios upgrade from Sept 2002.
This does support all XP processors on 266 FSB inc 2200+ and 2400+ .
However it goes into standby on reboot and half the time will not boot from entry into the bios either.
Debugging was suggested as not overheating and have 425w PSU .
Set the multiplier to auto ,as no facility over x12

has everyone forgotten about the 266fsb 2600+? it runs at 2.133ghz.

Message to Speed B
For Chaintech support go to "support@chaintech.nl" (Holland).
They reply within 24 hours !
The Taiwan site support form does not work as you discovered.

hrmm I was considerin a Chaintech a little while ago, I am almost glad I went with another brand

Originally posted by Geffy
hrmm I was considerin a Chaintech a little while ago, I am almost glad I went with another brand
this issue doesn't really say anything for the manufacturer. it's the older (KT266A) chip that's the factor in this.

Abit claims the KR7A-RAID (KT266A, as well) is only good up to the 2100+... but a friend got a 2400+ working in his, no problem. so there's no reason why a 2600+ 266fsb wouldn't work either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back