Chaintech 7NJS serious Probs

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all, i brought the chaintech 7njs the other day, and i still cant get it to work, im having trouble with the ide part, so far my Hardrive is in the IDE 1 slot which is the one in the midel, for example "SLot 1, Hdd, Slot2" and my Cd Drive is in ide3 which is the last one, For Example SLot1, HDD,CD Drive. is this the right order?
Also in the manual it says i need to connect my hardrive to the Parrelle ATA CAble and then to the Parrelle port connector on the fast track 376 controller, can someone please send me pics of wat these cables look like, cos on the mboard i found the serial ata part, and i need to put a yellow cable inthst, but how am i supposed to connect it to my hardrive? cos the thing on the hdd is 2 big.

Please Help i need detailed pics and instructions.

Also once i am in my bios, it will either find my hdd and not the cd drive or the other way round, and b4 i got a scren up sayin about an array, and wen i try to boot up my comp, it gets past the memory and that check, and then crashes with a quick glimpse of a blue screen.???? pls help, i have a maxtor hdd, , chaintech 7njs moatherboard , samsung, Dvd Player and a CDr/Rw and Geforce fx 5800 Ultra

Please Help me
Thanx

Ste_W

CHECK PAGE 14 IN YOUR MANUAL AND THAT 3RD SLOT IS FOR IDE CONTROLLER FOR RAID. UNLESS YOU HAVE A RAID CONNECTOR.
I HAVE THE SAME FAST TRACK CONTROLLER ERROR AND DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS. THIS BOARD IS SWEET ONCE SHE GETS GOING YOU'LL LOVE IT.
I HAD PROBLEMS BOOTING TOO AND EACH TIME IT WAS SOMETHING I DID. OCWORKBENCH FORUMS WERE A LOT OF HELP. HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK.

Ok you dont need the smaller of the yellow cables use the 3 big one thye gave you, one is floppy the other two are the same(for ide) Hook one to ide 1(its closest to the center on the board(innermost slot) set up hd as a slave and connect it to the end of that cable set ur cd rom as slave and connect it to the other open port on that cable, or you can leave it as master and connect the second cable to ide2(the middle one) and put the cd on hte end of htat one doesnt really matter which id do the latter.And since your not using raid dont worry about he fast track controler at all u need to do nothing with it.If you have 2 cd roms put one as master and other as slave on ide 2 that is the middle one.hope this helped , great board i looovee mine.think u just have things plugged in wrong .

Chaintech 7njs
Xp 2200 mult x9 FSb 200
1.0g Samsung pc 3000
512m ocz tech pc 3500
2 maxtor 80 gb ata 133 7200 rpm
sB live 5.1
lite on 48x cdr
Gainward ti4200
thermaltake 420w psu

OK , ill bare that in mind, one thing tho, i have my mbo set up like this now.

1st, CDRand DVd Connected to each other
2nd slot is my maxtor Hardrive and 3rd is empty

Wen i boot up it says Something about fast track and then bios is not installed?

wen that finishes the comp restarts.

Help

It should work with things like that the bios thing is ok like i said your not using raid so u dont need a bios for it. Sounds like its rebooting when ur expecting it to boot into windows which will most like never happen till u reinstall? With the new board/chipset youll need to reinstall not just plug in a drive that was on another board.

Chaintech 7njs
Xp 2200 mult x9 FSb 200
1.0g Samsung pc 3000
512m ocz tech pc 3500
sB live 5.1
lite on 48x cdr
Gainward ti4200
thermaltake 420w psu

ok, but

i have 1 IDE Cable from my hardrive to the middle ide slot, and my cdr and dvd on one ide cable going into the 1st slot, not the raid....so that bit is definatly ok?

So how am i supposed to reboot, and even if it does wont i still keep gettint that fastrack error?

7NJS_b.jpg

okay, if you situate your board that way, you want to use only the 2 ide connectors at the top. ignore the bottom one as it's involved with the third-party raid controller and would just be a pain in the butt.

(someone correct me if i'm wrong with which ones are which)

also, go into your bios and disable the integrated raid.

Ya your fine where your pluged in now and that pic and post is spot on. But chances are unless your Bios is a different version then mine you cant disable the raid

whoops hit tab space and i sent my message lol anyway.....As i said you cant disable raid with the bios they ship with there is a newer one but it didnt work for me at all.So just ignor the messege about the fastrack bios its ok i see it everytime i boot

Dam did it again....Anyway your not goin to get into windows unless you reinstall is my guess....the installation of windows on that hard drive was from a diferent board,chipset,idecontroller unless your lucky it wont see windows till u boot froma cd and reinstall.... ok im done.hope this helps

Chaintech 7njs
Xp 2200 mult x9 FSb 200
1.0g Samsung pc 3000
512m ocz tech pc 3500
sB live 5.1
lite on 48x cdr
Gainward ti4200
thermaltake 420w psu

First off see if there is a jumper on the mainboard for the raid controller to enable or disable it.
Next,always use the 1st ide channel for the hardrives and the second for the opticals to avoid confusion. if u dont have a jumper for the raid controllers and it is not in the bios then look to downloading an update and flashing the bios

GOOD LUCK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back