CDRW Stopped Working

J

jerryq77

For some reason i cant use cdrw disks anymore in my sony drive with nero's INCD.They worked fine until yesterday.Now XPs software wants to do it.I have disabled the xp burning software but it still kicks in and INCD wont work.Any ideas ?
BTW i can still use nero to burn other cds its just CDRW that dont work.

t

Sorry Jerry i cant help you with your problem,but i wonder if you would mind telling me how you get rid of XP burner software?
I have been trying to find out for a while because i want to install some software that will allow me to copy CD`S but i dont want to install anything over the top of the XP stuff.Thanks.

I dont think u can uninstall it only disable it.

Control Panel / Administrative Tools /Services

then, Disable IMAPI CD-Burning.

I dont mate but i just noticed your in aberdeen scotland and here's me over in bridge of don LOL
I cant get it to work it interferes with nero so i tried disabling it.

Yeh that`s what i thought,that it would interfere,thats why i hadn`t installed Nero yet.

Christ Bridge of Don,i dont believe it.Im in Tillydrone,cant be too far away.What a small world huh!!!

I just realised,we got about the same computer setup as well.

Pentium 4 1.8,512 mem,geforce 3 ti 200,audigy platinum sound.

Tillydrone blimey give us a wave oot yer window LOL
Ye similar comps i just got this one it was the one ALDI were selling had to go down to fife to get it.I may try switching the software on again to see if that works.

I use NERO , and CloneCd and winxp pro's burning program and I even used blindwrite all installed at same time with no troubles at all I never seen NERO interfere with winxp's program ....wierd

OK Kermit,thanks for the info,just one more question,which one would you recommend?

ok well I have always found nero to work very well ,the only time I really need clonecd is some games that I wanted to make backup copy's off were a little tricky so I used clonyxx and clonecd but nero is most times very good ..........

Fixed it . It was the autoplay function.At some stage i must have selected to open a folder and browse the contents of the cd.I changed it to take no action and its working ok now :)
Definetly go for Nero it will do everything u want.
What software came with your cd writer ?

I have built this computer myself and the writer is from my old computer and the software that i had with that,really screwed up with Xp.it was an early version of e-z cd creater.
Anyway i have just downloaded Nero v 5.5.7.2 from kazaalite,i would not use the full version(dont really like spyware)and i will install in morning,thanks for all your help guys.
Jerry if you wanna pm me il send ya my email address.

Nero works ok with XP Pro, i use this myself for making data disks etc.

If you are into copying disks etc i would highly recommend CloneCD this is the dogs, i haven't had a disc that i couldn't copy yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back