CDRW problem

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
HiGuys,

I have a 48X CDburner. I recently reinstalled Windows. Now my Nero Program will not recognize my CDburner. The drive does show up on my device manager.

This is what I have tried:

updated firmware for burner, reinstalled all mobo drivers, updated drivers for burner through device manager. uninstalled and reinstalled Nero. Tried a downloaded Demo version of Nero6 (My version is 5.5). Tried Nero auto-detect.

When I open Nero, All it says is that I have a virtual drive, no other recorders listed.

Is there something else that I could try??

It was working properly before the crash and reinstall.

I don't know if this might help, but my 'puter will hang on shutdown as well, which I have to turn it off manually. Can this be the same problem?

Heeter

are you sure that both the IDE cable and the power cable are connected properly?

I haven't fiddled with the cables in a while. but I don't it is that. But I will double check.

Heeter

I had that prob, but it was my NERO verion that was out of date. It didn't support the drive.

Yeah make sure you have a version that supports the drive if its a new drive, though the download version should be up to date.

As for the shutdown hang there are tons of FAQ on MS about it. Most common is your antivirus trying to check an empty floppy on shutdown. Try disabling that option in the AV.

Try just the windows burner software or clonecd or anything else you can find ot make sure the CDRW is still good.

Hmmm, might be a conflict with the MS built in burner which I think is based on Roxio code. Make sure you didn't set anything to on for MS burning when you reinstalled.

CloneCD recognizes the drive.

Windows burner prog recognizes it as well (after I reenabled the service). Did a file burn earlier.

My Nero version is 5.5. But the demo is ver6 and still does not recognize the drive.

Funny how everything worked fine before the crash last weekend. Thinking back, about the only difference right now is that I am using the new mobo drivers downloaded from nvidia. before the crash, I was still using the CD version drivers that came with my mobo. That wouldn't be it, would it????

I am thinking a bad Windows install might have happened. Maybe a Windows repair might be in order. I really don't want to purchase another Nero.

Is there any good freeware progs that will burn Bin/Cue files??

I think my nero version is done for.

Heeter

Originally posted by Heeter
Funny how everything worked fine before the crash last weekend. Thinking back, about the only difference right now is that I am using the new mobo drivers downloaded from nvidia. before the crash, I was still using the CD version drivers that came with my mobo. That wouldn't be it, would it????
hmm, some different nforce driver versions install the ide controller drivers differently (ie. wrong). make sure your drives aren't picked up as scsi drives in device manager. the ide controller should read as, "NVIDIA NForce MCP2 IDE Controller".

Actually, they were in the initial reinstall (SCSI). Had to do a System Restore in order to remove that setup. Now it says this: (screenie)

Which nforce2 drivers are you using, Taurus?

I am using 3.13 now. maybe that's the problem.

Heeter

Originally posted by Heeter
Which nforce2 drivers are you using, Taurus?

I am using 3.13 now. maybe that's the problem.
i can't remember if i ever got around to installing 3.13. i think i still have 2.45. my ide controller driver is dated 5/13/2002.

3.13's IDE driver gave me some problems. The rest of the drivers in the 3.13 package were fine. I just reinstalled the 2.45 IDE driver and left the others alone. Hopefully, this might work for you, too! :)

OT

Neat tip Handy - looks like it could be sorted....

but what I want to know is why mention liking rice? I have just noticed my two (actually 2.30) year old daughter shares this preference, although so far it causes anormous confusion because she declares she "likes 'ice" (silent R) .... sorry, I appologise totally OT, no thread hijack intended, I am doing the distraction therapy (dislocation?) when I have threads to close... and by close I do not mean in a MOD way...

PS I like Rice - best plain? Or in pudding with cinammon? MMMMmmm can't decide!

????

WHAT ARE you talking about??? MainFrameGuy

I will check to see if the IDE drivers from my CD are 2.45. If not, they should be available from NVidia, shouldn't they?

Heeter

Yup! They still have them at this location. Thank goodness...that IDE driver was playing all kinds of hell with my system.

BTW--Plain white is ok, long grain brown rice is better (to me, anyway!) but my preference is pork fried rice. Mmm MMM!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back