cdrw driver?

K

Kobura

Hi to all,
I'm new to this board and new to XP.
Hoping someone can help:
I have a TRAXDATA 2260 Plus cdrw, wich works fine in WinME but, even though XP picks it up as a cd I can't write to it. It writes to the HD but when it tries to write to the CD it give me an error.
I tried the cdrw update from MS din't work.
Installed WinOnCd still no joy.
Any idea where I can get a driver for it?
Oh by hte way I tried Traxdata as well, send them an email guess what!!! NO reply.
Thanks for any help

Firstly

if youre using 3rd party software like winoncd or nero

see if you require the win aspi (or equivalent) drivers for xp...go to relevant cdr software site...

second check that your cdrw settings are enabled in xp for burning..

third make sure your burners hardware drivers or flash roms are up to date (go to the site)

make sure the software is fully compatible with your hardware and with xp...ive found this not to always be the case

Like WAM said first make sure you have an ASPI layer installed, if you didn't install it already then you don't have one since XP doesn't come with one, you can go here to find the newest XP ASPI layer, you can also use Nero's as well.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70

Thank you to all of you guys.

1 Ok, I did have aspi 4.70,but when do I install it b4 or after installing winoncd.

2 How do I check if my cdrw is enabled in xp ?

3 Will the new firmware write to the eprom ? And if so how do I get it bck to it's original state if something goes wrong ?

Thanks guys, I told I was new to xp!!!!!!!!!

Less is MORE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back