cdrw burner

K

k3n

i have had this burner for a while now n it burns perfectly but once i got a new set of cd-r(s) it doenst work quite as well, is it either broken now or #2 its the cds? i think it might be hardware realted becuase it tells me "burn process error" POWER CALIBERATION ERROR

ne one know?

well if it was fine before you got new cd-rs i would try a different type of cd-r and see what happens.

Power Calibration Error could be the media or the burner or a combination of both.

If the old media still worked I suspect the media. You can check the burner web site to see if they have a firmware update. New firmware usually contains info on how to burn more media types. Make sure oyu follow the firmware update directions carefully (right burner model and firmware and don't screw up the procedure) or you can trash the burner.

Another possibility is dirty lasers in the burner. Especially if you have smokers in the house. See if you can find or borrow a cheap head cleaner kit.

Third option is swap the media with someone else for a type you know works. I've had problems with media (even good brands like Fuji) not working well with 2 different burners.

4th Option, try it at a slower burn speed. I had a 24x Fuji spindle that was useless above 16x on a drive that burned Imation 24x at 40 with no errors.

What make and model drive (and firmware revision) and I can give some more specific advice.

Also, what kind of blanks before and after. Use cdridentifier 1.63, nero or software from your drive maker to read the atip info off the blanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back