CDRom troubles.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have a slight problem here, I drop my windows XP Sp1(slipstreamed) cdr into player, it wont autostart. Look in "my computer" to see if drive knows cdr is in it, it doesn't know. double click on drive, it says insert cd. Try my original Xp cdr, no luck, this time my WinServer 2003beta cdr, same thing. it also happens with my WinME cdr, or any other cdr for that matter. Okay I thought, bad player. Swap player out with a new dvdrom, same thing happens all over again. check my device manager, uninstall driver and reinstall, same thing again. both players will not recognize that there is a cd in there. Now I shut down and reboot with Slipstreamed cdr in it. again will not recognize. try reboot with original XP cdr and it boots, I do the repair windows installation, all done. same thing happening again. Even though I have not touched my services, is it something in there that I can check? Device manager troubleshoot doesn't help either. maybe a bad ide wire? There is power going to the player. Any assistance will greatly appreciated.

Heeter

I agree with taurus there.

*collects taurus' bet*
Any other takers? I'm giving generous odds here folks.
- 2:1 that it's a bad cable/connection
- 3:1 that it's something else.
Note: odds subject to change :p

Thanks guys, for all the replies....

I did end up fixing it. Took a chance, and went into "msconfig", saw remnants of a previous CDClone trial version install in the startup tab. Went into registry, removed those pesky entries, rebooted and got my cd player back. Thanks Hipster for the good read, that's were I got the idea to go look in msconfig.

Jumpy and Taurus, put me down for a $20. LOL

Heeter

doh! now i remember why i don't gamble! :mad: :blink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back