cdrom boot disc

D

da rock

can anyone tell me how to create a cdrom boot disc?i need to flash my bios, but because my a: drv is not working i can't use it
to make a boot floppy(my mobo is a K7S5A REV.4 W/ 8/27/01 bios) any help is much appreciated!!:)

I could be wrong, but anytime I've made a boot disk using EZ CD Creator, it reads the files from the bootable floppy disk and then copies the files to the cd to make it bootable. So in other words, you probably need the floppy drive anyway to make the boot cd.

Again, I could be wrong.

floppy drives are $10.... might as well buy a new drive. As kingnothing stated... it will get the files from the boot disk from your floppy disk.

thanx guys for all the input,but the problem seems to lie in the
mobo bios which means if i try to make a bootable floppy i'll
end up w' a corrupt data disc and really fry my mobo,at least
thats what i read at the ecs forum site . i'm gonna build another
sys anyway so i'll make sure the mobo bios is different than the one i'm using now!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back