cdrom and cdrom burner, not working!!!!

50cal

Hi all. Having a little problem. my cdrom burner isnt working and its only 3 yrs old. i put a disk in and the lite just goes on and off then stops after 20 sec or so. then i click on the driver to explore a cd and it shows nothing . so i installed a cdrom and it does the same thing. i have windows xp pro. maybe someone has some ideas.
Thanks in advance..........and happy new years!!!
50cal

1) "only 3 years old" - could very well be dead
2) Have you used other discs? Copy Protection?
3) Master/Slave set correctly?
4) Reinstall IDE drivers

well maybe thats what i need to do is reinstall the ide drivers. any paticular way i should go about this? i have a gigabyte mobo , and windows xp pro. i only have one drive installed so it is set as master.

also i have a gigabyte ga-7va mobo with the kt400 chipset
dont know if this helps.?

Im having this problem too.
But somehow I solved the cd-rom problem by furiosly closing and opening the cd-rom.(HAHAHA!!!):rolleyes:

I then inserted a game cd (medieval total war) and Bang!, it ran.
You should try to insert all your cds one by one.

But I did not solve my CD-Writer problem. (same as the said problem above)

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the device.
Hope this helps.:D

Have you cleaned the lasers on the 3 year old drive? Especially important if you are in a dusty area of smoke.

I think I've seen cleaning kits somewhere. Or lacking that a Qtip with isopyl alcohol on it.

hmmmm..............................opps!!! i just dropped it on the floor!!!.............haha...................just kidding. well the burner was working just fine untill i tried to install cod. and 3/4 of the way through it went wakco. same thing happened to the cdrom drive i put in , only it just wouldnt read any cd , and when i put the burner back in , it wouldnt read anything either. im suspecting that something went umuck sometime during that game install .

YOu have a VIA chipset, so download the newest VIA 4in1's. I think you can just install over the old ones, but I'm not sure, been a while since I've done this.

well ill try again see what happens, im sure they work ok, just something jacked up with windows or sumpin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back