CDR burner - whats best in your opinion?

Well.... If you want to be sure what you are getting, then get a Plextor. If you want something quite as good, but cheaper then get a Yamaha. I currently have a Plextor 4x2x20 SCSI and I'm going to get a Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI for $195 (140pounds)

Neither... I'd say go with the VeloCD TDK 24x40, or the Plextor 24x40...

-Mike

I highly recommend Plextor. I had a ricoh burner originally with no end to problems - 8 out 10 would turn into coasters. Since I got my Plextor 12X burn-proof, 2 years ago, I haven't made one coaster yet. Also, just in case you're wondering, the unit did die (my fault, I upgraded the Firmware with a CD in the unit), but Plextor replaced the burner free of charge even though the warranty for the unit was one year. This also tells you they are a very dependable and reliable company, giving 100% to customer service.

I use Roxio for Audio CD's and Nero for Data.

PhatPhunky

DON'T BUY IOMEGA CDRW

I recently purchased an Iomega CDRW 24x10x40 (Liteon version) not even on their website - it refuses to read some of my CDs. I found the clone ones have problem being detected by this CDRW. Whats the problems here, anybody know? Someone said that I need to install some kind of a firmware!! By the way, this one only reads NERO and does not work with ROXIO.

I would certainly recommend YAMAHA or PLEXTOR, no problem with these.:D

I am currently using the Sony CRX1611(16x10x40) and i love it. I had a phillips before this, but i think the sony is nicer.

-Pfieff

well I got the sony burner and it rocks. an 80 min CD in 3 mins.

I hope the Yamaha's are better now. Their 4x burners would slowly go bad in about a year. I had one at work and one at home and a friend had the same results. After sending it back to Yamaha they fixed it and it's been running OK. Don't think that I would ever buy another Yamaha though. Great bikes, computer stuff so-so.

I was one of the few on the street to get Creative 8x4x32x CD-RWs (two years ago :D) had no problems with it.

first burner i got was an Acer 32x4x4. the audio cds it burnt don't work in all cd players, it wouldn't do PSX CD's and it had errors alll the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back