CDex help

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
what kind of settings do i need to it at to encode songs at 128 quality? these are my settings below. thanks in advanced

that will do it as they are, the bitrate min is already set to 128k. just click the 2nd button down on the right of the main window to encode away when the cd tracks are loaded

I use the Windows MP3 codec, options a helluva lot easier to understand with that one

You need to disable VBR :)

attachment.php

mike09 i dunno what to suggest, i have just tried to encode some files off a cd with the same settings as you and its worked fine here. :confused:

maybe reinstall it? that may help and could be worth trying

i got it to work but it only does an audio sample rate of 22hz not 44hz so it sounds like crap.

Just use ogg vorbis with a quality setting of 5, no messing about and it sounds great.

so do I usually cept when I am making them for my Zen :D

geffy where it says layer 3 codec (professional) it says advanced for me. is there anyway i can d/l a plugin or something?

hmmm .. All you should have to do is install it and let it auto configure, I set my bit rate to 192, but in anycase just installing and letting it autoconfigure should work. you don't need to disable vbr - auto configure will automatically do it ..

I knoticed from your pic that you have the max bit rate selected, that is more than likely what your prob is .. trying uninstalling it, completely - Remove it from the registry and delete the program file - Then reinstall it, make sure auto configure is selected, then when it's done, check the settings and see if the max bit rate is still selected, it will say 224 but you should'nt be able to change it ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back