CD writing problems

W

wiltedjoint

Whenever I try to write a cd it freezes and makes a coaster. I have an aopen 2440 cd-rw with the latest firmware installed and I use nero version 5582 and I use winxp pro

Try disabling XP CD burning and updating your ASPI layer to version 4.70. You can get it here.

I have the latest aspi drivers and I already have disabled imapi in services.

Try another CD-R (CD-RW) maybe it has a scratch. Also install the Windows XP CD-Burning update, it will even fix problems when you're using Nero and not the XP-built-in burning software.

Originally posted by ChrissiCom
Try another CD-R (CD-RW) maybe it has a scratch. Also install the Windows XP CD-Burning update, it will even fix problems when you're using Nero and not the XP-built-in burning software.

Do you have a link to download that update? I can burn audio CD's just fine but whenever I burn a data cd, some of the files get corrupted..

Thanks

Burning problems

I also have problems burning..... I CAN burn DATA cd's but when I burn AUDIO cd's it just does not work. The process jsut reaches the LEAD-IN stage and about 3%. Then everything stops.

Another problem that maybe related to my audio burning is that when i play mp3's the quality of sound is very poor.... i get lag's and choppy sound. When i play an mp3 and open any program examply MS WORD the mp3 would actually slow down or just lag or be choppy...

This has never happend before.

My setup is:

p3-450, asus b2p motherboard
288mb
30gig
yamaha 8x4x24x
mx300 monster sound
windows xp prof.

I hope that somebody could help me.
Thanks
Drew

Have you guys made sure that you have your burner set to use DMA instead of PIO...and if it is using dma on a whim change it to PIO and see if they helps (not optimal solution but might help us isolate problem)

I've been having some of these problems
I cannot switch my burner to DMA
It always stays as PIO

Thanks for the quick response.... Where would i change the DMA settings?

Thanks
Drew

controlpanel/system/hardware/devicemanager/cd-roms-drives has no option to change DMA... no drop down menus or radio buttons. :(

try :

controlpanel/system/hardware/devicemanager/IDE, ATA, ATAPI devices

It should be there Primary and secondary channels.

Click Start > All Programs > Windows Update... there you'll find the CD Burning update and also a lot of other important updates.

After installing the update go to Start > Run and start "services.msc". There you make sure that the IMAPI CD-Burning Device is disabled! not manual and not auto. Then restart your PC and see if it works.

Originally posted by ChrissiCom
Click Start > All Programs > Windows Update... there you'll find the CD Burning update and also a lot of other important updates.

After installing the update go to Start > Run and start "services.msc". There you make sure that the IMAPI CD-Burning Device is disabled! not manual and not auto. Then restart your PC and see if it works.

I've looked at this but the description says that if you disable it your computer will be unable to record CDs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back