CD tray stays open

K

KaDbUrY

Got a little problem here. Came home one day and my computer was off, and my alarm clock was reset, so the power went out, and now when i boot up my computer, the cd rom opens, and stays open...you can close it, it trys to read for 2 secs, then re-opens. It does it in bios too, so i think that means its not a virus, could be wrong, i dunno , thats why im here!!!
Plz Help!

something might be worng behind the eject button. it might not be seated right which would cause it to be constantly depressed (no, not sad }:p) and always try to open. it's probably easy to pop the face off of your drive and blow out and dirt that may be behind the button. make sure it's functioning right.

well, i tried blowing behind there, but nothing happens. I think it is something else. When i have a cd in the tray, it reads it longer.

Try updating your cd rom firmware from either your manufacturer or from here Firmware as this is the software that tells your cdrom how to work.

That's kinda weird. :huh:
It almost sounds like the CD's electronics got messed up during that power outage (power surge when power came back on??). But you would think if that were the case other things in the PC would've gone bad too. Hmmm.

a surge causing that and only that would be kinda weird. but it could have possibly surged only enough to effect the most sensitive of parts, which would have been the cdrom drive electronics, in kadbury's case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back