CD-RW questions..

C

craigmack

I'm gonna get a new CD-RW but i cant decide, a previous thread helped me narrow down my choices but now i need the one. its come down to either the

Plextor internal 40x write one

The Yamaha that sounds really good, link below...

http://www.dirtcheapdrives.com/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={0A643031-6017-4FBD-811B-88AC305EFA29}&ic=CRW%2DF1EB&Tp=

A Sony one? what kind? sum1 said that

Or a Lite-On, i cant find that name anywhere, sum1 plz gimme link if they recommend

New Linkin Park CD Kicks Tail.

Liteon! They are not expensive but are excellent. Go read the cdr newsgroup: alt.comp.periphs.cdr and you will find that the Liteon drives are the most recommended drives. You can buy one at newegg.com or at mwave.com for around $60 to $70. Put one in a few weeks ago and really like it.

Lite On 40X12X48 CDRW Model: LTR40125S

Check out www.newegg.com for best price and service!

About $64.00

Also check out the reviews at www.cdfreaks.com

Just got one the other day and beats Plextor hands down!

go with the dragon writer 48/16/48 cdrw

upgraded from a yamaha 24x cdrw

no problems with that burner

I'm running the Lite-On 48x/12x/48x, beautiful drive, hasnt' given me any problems at all, you can pick it up for $84 right now at newegg.com

I think that you should go with Plextor. I have one of their drives, the 24x one, and while it is not the fastest drive, I find it very reliable, and I have never had any problems with it. Then, Plextors aren't the cheapest drives around, if you're short on money, try going with lite on. My girlfriend bought a Sony 32X CDRW, its pretty good, and the price isn't that bad, and, I prefer that over lite on. Yamaha, I never heard of before, so I really don't know what to tell you on that one.

TEAC new writer has been writer of month for 3 months in my p.c mag.
Unlike PLEXTOR it can copy audio at the full write speed due to a new type of laser and someother software all listed on their site.
PLEXTOR site will also tell you the can burn data at full write speed but audio is limited to 32x i think
the TEAC is 48x12x40 and the PLEXTOR is 40x10x40 so im not too sure if this is higher now.
And before anyone says that burning audio at highest speed makes it of lesser quality,that was in past now most sites claim if writer is designed for it go for it a highest speed as the longer you take to burn the more heat there is generated so more liable to disc damage.
This is some info i got from hardware testing sites
And yes i have heard of YAMAHA and LITE ON which i believe have changed their name and do a 48X12X48 writer again only burns data at full speed not6 audio.

we've got a 24x plextor (ide) here at work and it seems to work fine...i've got a 24x yamaha (ide) at home, and it's great. have another 24x yamaha (ext. scsi) that i use to swap between my pc and Mac, and that's great, too. yamaha makes great drives, imho, and i'd never buy a different brand. my first ever cd-rw was a sony. big POS. made the mistake of getting an HP next...another big POS. after that, got a yamaha, and stuck with yamaha.

wow jaws, thats a shitload of CD-RW's

BTW, what does every1 else think of Teac's i never heard of their CDRW's. Good lookin out. L8er

teac is a great cdrw brand

wow i remember my first burner

teac 6x scsi cdr........paid 300 dollars...wo

new burner i just got

msi dragon writer 48/16/48 cdrw....90 dollars shipped....wo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back