CD-RW Questions - Plextor

I LOVE my plextor they RULE !!

You can burn anything with a Plextor and nice and fast tooo

I highly recommend it, works flawlessly in XP

Worht the money definately

I just bought one for my new XP system. I haven't used it that much. I just tested the CD-rom portion and burned a test CD-RW. I can tell you this. This sucker is loud, very loud. It also vibrates quite a bit due the fast spindle speed (I assume). I have an Antec case that uses locking drive rails. I had to put some electrical tape on the rail to reduce the buzzing caused by the vibration. I'll only buy a Plextor CD-R(W). But this is not the CD-Rom for audio CD playback because of the noise. Again, I didn't play with it that much so there may be some settings that can take care of this.

Noise isn't really a factor anyways, I have 4 fans on my case, and a huge ass cpu fan.

-Mike

PLEXTOR ROCKS

Dont buy anything else but plextor they are the best money can buy.

I have bought a few different cdrw, drives over the years and nothing comes close on performance,

Plextor will write at full speed i never had a coaster yet with any of my plextor drives.

I wouldnt ever consider buying anything else.

regards.....Cupid

I have the drive and absolutely love it, as for sfj99, My plextor is loud for a second when it first spins up to full speed, but other then that it sounds just the same as my other cd/dvd drives and there is no excessive vibration :)

Plextor A+++

I own three Plextors and love them. One is an older unit without "burn-proof" but it's still great. Only problem I've found is the GREAT "Plextor Manager 2000" software with Disk-Dupe doesn't work in XP. Their web site said to not use this software in XP and tells you to use Roxio's ECDC 5 Platinum----I wish you luck with this. If all else fails use Nero. Plextor is the very best!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back