CD/RW question

H

Herkalees

Here's what I use: XP Pro, XP's own burning "software", and a 24/10/40 Plextor.

Here's what I want to do: Toss in a CD/RW disk with old data on it, and wipe it out or overwrite the data. This is for backup purposes...

What's the point of using ($$$) CD/RW disks if I can't overwrite old backed up data with new data???

Does a man like myself need better software with more abilities than the built in XP burning software?

Spankyou for looking and reading.

You need to get Nero INCD. It will let you format a CDRW and write to it over and over again !!!

I had one disc go 1100! I used DirectCD 5 (XP Updated). Basically, any UDF reader/writer software will allow you to pretty much drag and drop files to and from a CD-RW

why dont u try nero burning software, i use it and its great.

Yeah, Nero is real good. Just make sure that your burner is supported by Nero (nearly all are. Unfortunately, mine isn't).

Originally posted by Reg
I had one disc go 1100! I used DirectCD 5 (XP Updated). Basically, any UDF reader/writer software will allow you to pretty much drag and drop files to and from a CD-RW

& how old are you ? :D :D

Originally posted by Cosmin

& how old are you ? :D :D

Haha... I'm not that old. Actually, I was using the disc for an update software which required it to be built unique for each machine. I had to update 400 computers. Took about a month to actually update all 400. Then, right after I got all the machines updated, a new update came out to fix a security hole. Had to redo all the computers (total of 800). After that, I simply used the disc for MP3's and other junk. It died out after being rewritten 1100. It was a Maxwell CD-RW just in case you wanted to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back