cd-rw not working...

X

xcape

lately my cd-rw isn't reading in any disc...
could it be that the cd-rw is dead = not working anymore or could it be something esle??

when i put in a disc, the cd-rw reads it by showing the light but when i open up the disc (windowsExplorer).. the F:drive (my cd-rw drive letter) doesn't show any disc at all. when i click to open it ..i receive a message saying "please insert in a disc"..

does anyone know what could be wrong?

btw..it's on win2k

do you get that message with ANY disc or just recordable ones?

i get the message with any disc...

but when i put those disc into my cd-rom, it reads the disc fine.

it's just that the cd-rw is not reading in any info..

got any idea what could be wrong?

hmm.. have you tried in on another OS?
possibly need to clean the lens with a cd cleaner.

this happend when i had xp..
i just reformated my pc to win2k and still have the same error messages..

and what do you mean "clean the lens with a cd cleaner"?

several of my cdrom is dying, and i open the screw (with the case off) then put inside a cd and see if it is rotate. the cd can move alittle bit (like something blocking it to rotate)... so i clean the lens and the grease then apply back some grease inside... now both the cdrom are alive!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back