cd-rw help!!

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
I've installed an Aopen cd-rw onto my Windows XP sp2 pc today and everytime I restart the computer the Found new hardware wizard pops up and tells me the drivers aren't installed and it can't find them.
The drive is working okay,made an audio cd earlier but as soon as I turn the pc on the wizard is there again.It doesn't need drivers!!!!!!
What the hell is the problem,anyone know??? :down: :rolleyes:

Uninstall it and then reinstall it, as in remove the drive from the PC by disconnected the IDE cable, uninstlal the drivers.

Then install the drivers, and then install the CD RW drive, all should be well. Had the same hting happen with a Windows XP and a GFX card.

I've done that already.Each time it says found new hardware then the wizard looks for the drivers and can't find any.
It didn't come with any as it's supposed to use windows drivers :squareeye

use the roll back driver option in device manager to go back before you installed it and then retry it

Go to device manager expand dvd/cd-rom drives

Right click the drive giving the trouble and click> uninstall then> OK

Then go up to the task bar and click >scan for hardware changes
(the monitor with the key in front of it) when windows is finished

installing the drive> Reboot.

See if that helps, sometimes windows gets confused.

Make sure the jumper is set correctly. You might also want to change it's location on the IDE chain. Some drives are picky about whether or not they are master or slave.

use the roll back driver option in device manager to go back before you installed it and then retry it
Can't roll back as no drivers were installed
Then go up to the task bar and click >scan for hardware changes when windows is finished installing the drive> Reboot.
New hardware wizard then looks for drivers,can't find any
Make sure the jumper is set correctly. You might also want to change it's location on the IDE chain. Some drives are picky about whether or not they are master or slave.
Tried everyway possible,new hardware wizard looks for driver's,can't find any.

It installs but is recognised as cd rom,not cd rw and as I keep saying I can't roll back or update drivers cause none can be found

I just found this in a file I have called Drive trouble, It's from a microsoft page that I copy and pasted but I don't have the full page, here is what I have.

(Note: If Windows XP cannot locate the driver for your device, the device may not be supported by Windows XP. To see the list of supported devices, see the most recent Windows Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) at the following Microsoft Web site)

http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/default.asp

So maybe the drive is not compatible with SP2?

What Aopen drive do you have?

Have you tried the drive in a system running SP1 if so what happens?

Done both of the above and it didn't help.

I fixed the bugger myself :up:
I refused to let it beat me and finally found the drivers it was looking for in WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386. :bandit:

Ta for the help guy's :)

Thanks egghead,it took me 2 days to figure it out but I got there in the end.
I just couldn't let it beat me :cool:

good way to go about it, my friends always do say that to me to piss me off while i solve a problem for them, "ohhh, looks like A COMPUTER beat you" and im like no and fix it, they do it to piss me off and make me fix it!

Marge> good thinking :up:

I spent around two hours on Aopen's site yesterday and it seems alot of people are ask to install drivers for there drive?

themafia_69 said:
good way to go about it, my friends always do say that to me to piss me off while i solve a problem for them, "ohhh, looks like A COMPUTER beat you" and im like no and fix it, they do it to piss me off and make me fix it!
loooool, at squeak's house in lebanon you were talking to the laptop
"ha you b*** you think you could beat me but in the end you had to listen to my command... ha in your face" loool i remember that

bush dogg said:
Marge> good thinking :up:

I spent around two hours on Aopen's site yesterday and it seems alot of people are ask to install drivers for there drive?
I know,I searched for 2 days looking for an answer to my problem,no one seemed to know.
I feel sooooooooooo good to have figured it of myself :bandit:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back