CD-RW & DVD-Rom int./combo

Steph

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi....I'm Steph & this is my first time post.thr so forgive me if I'm at wrong place. I have a Dimension 2400 (Dell), Win.XP Hm Ed. I need a new CD-RW drive & was told that I could upgrd. w/DVD-Rom combo? I have NO idea whats compatible; I've never done this. Right now I 'm looking into upgrad. & buying new, so I don't really want to pay alot. Sorry to be so ign. but this is new to me....Thanks so much.....Steph:rolleyes:

These days, it is your best bet to get a DVD-Burner. This will read and write DVDs and CDs. I prefer Plextor brand myself, I currently use a PX-716A. Do some research and get other opinions. I know LG and Benq make some good drives too.

Also when you look at the combos it will tell you what the required system specs are. If your system is fairly new you shouldn't have a problem.

Get one with a dvd writer not just to read dvd's. Shop around & you should get a good price.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back