CD-ROM problems

C

ceja

I'm having problems with my CD drives reading cd's.. If I stick a cd in it just doesn't read and it crashes explorer. If I stick a cd in before windows boots up it reads that cd untill I pull it out. Then if I try to put a different cd in explorer crashes and it doesn't read the cd at all.
I'm running Windows XP Home editions. I have all the services enabled as of nowand I havent installed anything recently.
If you have any idea's let me know.

If you have not installed anything recently or made many changes try doing a system restore.

Also you could try holding the shift key when inserting a cd till the busy light goes off then try and open it through windows explorer.

If I could get explorer open at all with a CD in the drive. System restore would roll my system back about 8 months. That wouldn't be to bright. Though I'm sure its something really stupid I'm over looking. THe last I did install was my Audigy drivers. I'm going to try uninstalling them. Not like its the sound card drivers causing the problem anyways. Its just worth a try at this point. I've gone through the registry and everything. I can find anything that would be causing the problem.

I also just found out I can't acsess the Locigal Disk Manager service or any of that ****. Which is ****ing odd. I can't figure out whats wrong. Its not a hardware problem or the cd drives wouldn't work at all.

Back up files and reinstall Windows? That might fix it all...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back