cd rom problem

N

Nuts

hey guys I keep getting some weird errors with my cdrom drives and I'm not quite certain what's causing them.
The event viewer is providing this error:
The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.
I've also noticed that when I try to play music cd's one cd drive will stutter horribly (my normal cd rom), however if I play them in my burner they will play ok and only occasionally stutter. But in both situations the cd will just freeze up and lock up whatever software I'm using to play the cd. Do these problems sound familiar to anyone? I'm wondering if these could be the result of the incorrect aspi layer or something?? tia

Does your event viewer show 'ACPI error' under the system category?

CD-ROM problems

Welcome to the club,

I have those problems from time to time. In the Event Viewer it tells me that I have a Bad Block. I also have some problems with the Atapi driver.

I have Nero as a software for my burner (HP 9300) Since I use it I have strange problems with my CD-ROM meaning that once in awhile I can not use it. Everytime that happen I have to reboot my computer. I tried without Nero and everything seems to be fine.

As for the Atapi it seems that my HDD (Maxtor 30 Gig, 7200rpm) was not recognize and it was not loading. I did a clean installation of my OS (XP Pro) and since then it seems to be alright. I downloaded the latest version of the Promise driver and I'll see what it is going to do.

I wish that I can give you a solution to your problems. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.........

Take care.......

thanks, yeah I can't quite tell if the burner is dead now or what (it is several years old at this point). But i've been getting those errors constantly, my event viewer shows about thirty of them in the past day.

You might have a old cd-rom that does not support digital audio.

Go to control pannel/ system
Hardware tab, then click device manager.
Find your cd-rom/ right click, click on properties.
Then in the new menu, click the properties tab.
Uncheck digital audio, click ok. reset and test it!

Shane

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back