CD-ROM do not "autorun" any more... Why ?

X

xman

Hello,

When I insert CD-ROMs (or DVDs or Audio CDs), they do not run automatically anymore.
I don't remember what I could have done to "break" that. Well... Actually, I know I did nothing. It just stopped working but I don't rememebr exactly when.
Anyway I DOD NOT disable the CD insertion notification. It is activated but it just does not work. Any idea ?

I'm not really motivated to reinstall everything so I'm looking for other solutions. ;)

W

westy1

If you have a rough idea of the time it started, can you do a system restore.

X

xman

Yes but...

I don't really remember...
I think it was about 10 days ago and a friend of mine experienced a loss of personal data after a restore... So I'm a bit scared...
I think the only thing I did that could have perturbed the disk insertion detection is that I disconnected my zip drive (without uninstalling its drivers) then reconnected it. (I brought my PC to a friend's and didn't bring the Zip drive).

F

Flash

Maybe it is related to what I found. I changed my CD drive letter from D: to F:. Everything works great now, even Autoplay.

X

xman

nice try...

I've tried changing the letter of my CD-ROM drive. But it unfortunately did not fix the problem. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glen