• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CD-ROM do not "autorun" any more... Why ?

X

xman

Hello,

When I insert CD-ROMs (or DVDs or Audio CDs), they do not run automatically anymore.
I don't remember what I could have done to "break" that. Well... Actually, I know I did nothing. It just stopped working but I don't rememebr exactly when.
Anyway I DOD NOT disable the CD insertion notification. It is activated but it just does not work. Any idea ?

I'm not really motivated to reinstall everything so I'm looking for other solutions. ;)

X

xman

Yes but...

I don't really remember...
I think it was about 10 days ago and a friend of mine experienced a loss of personal data after a restore... So I'm a bit scared...
I think the only thing I did that could have perturbed the disk insertion detection is that I disconnected my zip drive (without uninstalling its drivers) then reconnected it. (I brought my PC to a friend's and didn't bring the Zip drive).

F

Flash

Maybe it is related to what I found. I changed my CD drive letter from D: to F:. Everything works great now, even Autoplay.

X

xman

nice try...

I've tried changing the letter of my CD-ROM drive. But it unfortunately did not fix the problem. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies