CD-R Drive keeps opening and closing

wasnt trying to be picky speedy_b ;)

sorry if i came across that way.

Rascal, nah, im just an a*se, ignore me :p
will be interesting to actually hear what the problem was in the end..

I got some compressed air and sprayed that in there. It hasn't done it as much, but it still does do it. I am running a virus scan now.

Try a virus scan and if that doesn"t work , than it"s your drive . I took mine a part and cleaned the door contacts and haven"t had a problem since , but don"t take it a part unless you know what your doing , also have you checked any web pages about this , theres quite a few maybe you can get some insight there , Goodluck.

There is a fairly new virus out that will print stuff on your printer at random. Maybe it can do this as well? Some viruses can hide from scanners if the system is already infected. I suggest you get an emergency scanning floppy with sparkling new virus definitions from another computer and boot from it. Then you can be sure if it's a virus. A normal scan can turn up empty even if it is a virus. Heck, som viruses even delete the virus program if you try to use it!

Causing choas in the school IS fun. Especially if you stick a floppy disk with " something " into the central server...wear gloves...do something...then run.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I can't wait till Tuesday to see just HOW screwed everything is going to be.

I'm bad.

lol you don't want to know what was on that floppy. People in my school so dumb. large school, cruddy ( or none at all ) virus protection. Heck, they don't even have a firewall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back