CD (plus DVD?) Storage Drive.. or something likt that...

S

Shirow

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. What I want to do, is buy some massive CD Storage unit that can access a cd when needed to get the data off it.. Like a 5 disc cd changer and such. Does anyone have any sugestion, or know of any produckts like this? Thanks.

I wouldn't be wasting my money on something like that. Instead I would get a secondary hard drive (if needed) & then using a virtual cd rom (freeware) to access the cd image on the hard drive. That's me though. Cheap. :D

Thats is a good idea.. though I never trust Hard Drives.. with CD/DVD's I know my data is safe (as log as I take good care of the disc's), and if for some reason, there is a power surge, even though I am on a UPS Surge protector, and my HD fry's I don't want to lose anything (I do alot of work on my computer). So Instead of taking cd's in and out, if there is something I can set up to keep least 10 or more cds in a cd drive that I can access. Thanks for the idea though! :)

Originally posted by Shirow
though I never trust Hard Drives.. with CD/DVD's I know my data is safe (as log as I take good care of the disc's)

i slip of the wrist and your data is all scratched up and useless. i'd also suggest grabbing a new hd, and using virtual cd.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back