CD-less CD (we've all heard it before)

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
I would like to be able to run a game without the cd, save myself the hastle.

I know it violates in some for the eula, but I paid for the game, and I want to be as lazy with it as I want.

I think that (from what I remember) the process involves copying a cad file, and I assume some reg change, but I've also heard that if you copy entire contents of disk to drive, and install from there it will work, so I'm not sure.

any suggestions?

What you could do is get this piece of software called VirtualCD.
It basically copies the whole CD into an image file that could be access on a virtual drive that is fully accessible as if it's a normal CD drive.
I had a copy of this about 2 years ago, but lost my copy of it. Used to dump all my games that required a cd to play on to the virtual drive.

Are you still using VirtualCD?
They've released version 5.

well thats what I meant, can see how it sounded confusing
just picked up demo of VirtualCD 5, and that works well, thanks for the suggestion :)

Right! :p

I've just downloaded it too. Going to try it later.

i hope i can say this, but the easiest way is to get a no-cd crack for the game you wanna play. that will make it totally hassle free, since you dont have to mount images before playing.

no cd cracks tend to be blocked from online play, various anti cheats pick up the changed .exe as a hack. im with daemon tools 100% of the way, it can mount an image from 99% of diffrent ripping extensions, it's free to boot, so when the trials have expired on the trialware, use daemon to mount the image and your home free :)

Shouldn't be talking about cracks/hacks or what have you in this forum.
And as Gonzo mentioned, it's not very useful when it comes to online gaming.
One other thing is that not all games will work with that stuff.

Haven't tried daemon tools though. Wondering if it's the same as VirtualCD. :)

daemon is just a mounting tool, with various "things" you can activate to work around certain protections. i use it with the "extra's" turned off and medal of honor, battlefield 1942 work just fine. originals sat nice and safe in ther box's :)

hmm.. still a grey area then? :p
Might give it a short test before I reformat my machine at the end of the month. ;)

offtopic.gif
there is NO grey area in personal backups, if only people would stop assuming it's for warez. if you are the legal owner of the software licence your safe as houses..

soz man! you didn't say it's backup. :(
Besides, I did not assume that it's a warez.

it's the loophole we all use, if you make a rip we have to say it's a backup. don't say sorry to me m8 ;) ya did no wrong, lemme get a quote from the famous gamecopyworld site b4 someone locks the thread LOL :)

GameCopyWorld only supplies Information and Tools necessary to make a PERSONAL BACKUP of legally owned Game CD's.
GameCopyWorld in no way links or makes it possible to download any copyrighted game.
GameCopyWorld cannot be held responsible if any of the information and/or files contained on this site is used in the pursuit of illegal activities such as copyright infringement or piracy.
Keep the following in mind when making a backup of an Original Game CD:
You are LEGALLY ALLOWED to make a personal backup of an Original Game CD as long as you are the owner of the Original Game CD.
You are NOT ALLOWED to sell, rent or give away any backups of copyrighted Games CD's, as this is not allowed by Copyright Laws.
You MUST DESTROY any backups when you don't legally own the Original Game CD anymore (e.g. selling or giving it away)
Before making a backup, check in the supplied manual or on the back of the CD, if there are special conditions for making a personal backup.

You are ONLY allowed to ENTER GameCopyWorld if you need information to make a backup of an Original Game CD of which you are the legal owner. By Clicking the ENTER button you agree with the above Notice!

me finks the thread title falls into this grouping ;)

Okay.... I'm saying no more now. I'm getting abused with the reputation thing coz they (the people with power) think I'm not worthy. haha :p

I use alcohol 120% for both ripping and playing games which require the cd. Had no probs at all. plus it doubles as a burner as well.

Off topic, but aren't cracked exe's availiable for download on GameCopyWorld not their property?

lol i gave ya a point back ming ;)

ahh who gives a .... Eproxus, they been getting round the loophole for years now :)

GCW are good boys to the likes of cr****.am how do they keep getting away with it. (not putting a full link cus of all the pr0n)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back