CD Icons

R

Robert01

Hi all,

Anyone know how I can display my two CD Icons as their respective types, one is a normal CDROM the other a CDR-RW.
I thought XP was supposed to be able to tell the difference between CD, CDRW & DVD and display a different icon for each one...
I founc the icons in C:\windows\system32\SHELL32.dll but how do I apply them to the drives in My Computer?

Hope someone can help.

Rob:confused:

i tried to figure it out for a while but I had no luck. On my desktop i did an upgrade to xp from 98 and i spend a lot of time trying to do this......i installed many programs, but i dont think that xp allows you to change individual cd drive icons(in fact im almost positive). I did a clean install on my laptop and the two types of drives (cdrw and dvd show the correct drive icons). I think that this might be because i was using a program called icon packager before upgrading to xp on my desktop pc that changed many of the icons to a xp theme that i had downloaded at the time. Some of these icons were different from the final xp ones and there were no individual optical drive icons. When i did the upgrade not all of them changed as they were supposed to cuz I think that program was trying to maintain the icons that it had set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back