• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CD/DVD Problem

S

SiCo

hi, ive got a problem

I have two drives:
Toshiba DVD-Rom
Iomega CDRW

and they are not working in XP anymore, they worked perfectly when i upgraded to XP about 3 weeks ago, now they arent "responding" Device manager says ! - Troubleshooter says it might be a corrupt key in the registry. Ive tried everything that i can think of, i dont really want to use system restore tbh.

can anyone help me on this?

PC Specs:

Amd 1.3gz CPU
384mb DDR Mem
Geforce3
2x HDDs
Win XP Home Edition

thanks

M

max

Go into device manager and remove both of them .

Reboot

XP will detect them again and should be all ok ..

System restore is a really good tool for situations like this :)

S

SiCo

already done that, i find the new hardware but cant install it, ive checked both manufacturers sites, but they dont need new drivers, it said something about a damaged value in the reg. anyone know if XP has a regfix program? or where can i download it?

Thanks

B

bcuk

you using nero, sounds like the error that some versions of nero generated on install on XP systems

S

SiCo

correct, i installed nero, burned a coupla times, then it didnt reconise anymore, so i uninstalled nero.

which steps should i take now?

gonna find a reg check/fixer

sorry for the late reply :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar