CD drives gone after install of Nero Image Drive

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hi guys,

I just installed Nero Image Drive and both of my cd roms are gone from 'My Computer'.

The devices are listed in the Device Manager, together with Nero ImageDrive SCSI Cd rom device, but are all reporting problem.

'Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)'

I can't uninstall Image drive, becouse it's not listed in 'Add/Remopve Programs'

Greetz,

Lukas

I had the same problem and I got this reply from Sage:

Code 19 means your registry maybe corupt.
Do this:
Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry
key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro
l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Good luck

Further info:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314060

Hope it helps,

J

system restore is telling me:

Your computer cannot be restored to (date). No changes were made to your computer.

tried three different restore points (two system checkpoints and one windows update)

DAMN!

tried:

* registry cleaner
* uninstall all nero products
* remove and reinstall both cd drives in device manager
* physically unplug both cd drives, reboot, and plug em in again
* swap IDE cables with the HD's
* system restore
* new downloaded drivers
* windows 2000 detects the drives, so no hardware failure

any1?

Problem with Drives

Did you at least try the response from Zakey - In most cases problems like yours are related to installation of CD Burning software, whether it is Nero, Easy Cd Creator etc.

DAMN!

I completely missed that one.

Sh*t!

I don't know how this could happen, I really didn't see that post... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anywayz, Zakey, thnx for trying to help, and I'm sorry, but allready formatted and reinstalling,

Setup will complete in approximately: 19 minutes.

I think we posted at exact the same time, but IE takes you automatically to the last post, so I assume I was a little later then you.

/me feels stupid
/me drops a 19" on his head

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back