CD Drive Read Errors (Cyclic Redundancy Check)(CRC)

J

jaquio5

Hey. Recently I wanted to install direct cd for formatting my CDRW drive to drag files into it from explorer. It was a very old disk for my HP 8100. After that when I try to drag large files from CDs to my HD (tried both cdrom drives and tried it on both my HDs) I get Cyclic Redundancy Check errors. These CDs worked before and work on other computers. I went to device manager and removed both drives, and readded them both. Still no dice. I reintalled XP. I removed the HP software also. I know the CDs are in fine condition. Any ideas? Thanks.

dang

thanks for the reply but still no luck. anyone else have any ideas?im dying here/

try a cd drive cleaning disk, i had the exact same problem, its probably a dirty lens if the cds work on other computers.

nope

see it started right at the same time in both of my cd drives, it happenes to every cd at the same point on both drives. i know its not hardware but software. any ideas? thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back